The Project Coordinator position is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The Project Coordinator will lead a cross-functional team to execute expansion and improvement projects ($1M - $20M) for Chemical and Refinery plant in Baton Rouge.
- Execute projects in accordance with ExxonMobil Capital Project process to achieve business control, safety, quality, cost and schedule objectives.
- Lead integrated project teams which include business/operating, engineering, construction management, and engineering contractor personnel.
- Participate in project development stage to:
- Develop Project Execution Plans and review cost estimates and Project Design Basis.
- Engage and appraise engineering contractors in design development and early procurement activities.
- Coordinate/steward Project Team activities including constructability review, independent review and business function review to achieve project approval and funding.
- Lead in project execution stage to:
- Engage and appraise engineering contractors in Detailed Engineering and Procurement activities.
- Steward and manage project costs and schedule through change management process, progress measurements, reports and meetings.
- Participate in/lead engineering, construction and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews with engineering and business functions.
- Interface with business units with respect to engineering design inputs, project key performance, field execution co-ordination.
Preferable Related skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- High safety focus and mindset during engineering and construction phase of project.
- Strong technical & analytical skills and ability to learn/utilize ExxonMobil engineering standards and work practices.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of project management, front-end engineering and relevant project planning, scheduling and cost tools.
- Strong communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Ability to lead, organize and manage project efforts with integrated project teams.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects - each with multiple tasks
- Personal Computer skills (MS Offices) and ability to learn/utilize computer programs (SAP, MIS, etc.)
- A highly self driven project individual with demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills in multi-functional teams.
- Minimum 5 years of project work experience in petrochemical plant or equivalent understanding of petrochemical processes.
- Experience working with or for an Engineering/Construction contract organization in the Petrochemical industry
Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer Job Location Baton Rouge, LA
Exxon Mobil - 2 years ago
It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell and BP)....