The Project Coordinator position is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The Project Coordinator will lead a cross-functional team to execute expansion and improvement projects ($1M - $20M) for Chemical and Refinery plant in Baton Rouge.
- Execute projects in accordance with ExxonMobil Capital Project process to achieve business control, safety, quality, cost and schedule objectives.
- Lead integrated project teams which include business/operating, engineering, construction management, and engineering contractor personnel.
- Participate in project development stage to:
- Develop Project Execution Plans and review cost estimates and Project Design Basis.
- Engage and appraise engineering contractors in design development and early procurement activities.
- Coordinate/steward Project Team activities including constructability review, independent review and business function review to achieve project approval and funding.
- Lead in project execution stage to:
- Engage and appraise engineering contractors in Detailed Engineering and Procurement activities.
- Steward and manage project costs and schedule through change management process, progress measurements, reports and meetings.
- Participate in/lead engineering, construction and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews with engineering and business functions.
- Interface with business units with respect to engineering design inputs, project key performance, field execution co-ordination.
Preferable Related skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- High safety focus and mindset during engineering and construction phase of project.
- Strong technical & analytical skills and ability to learn/utilize ExxonMobil engineering standards and work practices.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of project management, front-end engineering and relevant project planning, scheduling and cost tools.
- Strong communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Ability to lead, organize and manage project efforts with integrated project teams.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects - each with multiple tasks
- Personal Computer skills (MS Offices) and ability to learn/utilize computer programs (SAP, MIS, etc.)
- A highly self driven project individual with demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills in multi-functional teams.
- Minimum 5 years of project work experience in petrochemical plant or equivalent understanding of petrochemical processes.
- Experience working with or for an Engineering/Construction contract organization in the Petrochemical industry
Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer Job Location Baton Rouge, LA
It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell and BP)....