This position is responsible for providing coordination and support for all projects assigned to a Project Sales team in order to meet all timetables and achieve revenue and other project goals. This position reports directly to the Group project manager, and may also take direction from and perform work for project managers and sales managers, as required, within the team.
1) Provides Project-Specific Support to the Project Sales Team
a) Processes paperwork for sales cycle openings, including routing and tracking approval forms; processes and circulates internal correspondence and paperwork; supports opening and closing of projects.
b) Prior to book/NaylorNet project opening, ensures that all publication/ project information in MIS is updated including: sales open/close dates, assigned personnel and assignment of individual budgets, rate card, indexes, premium positions, outline and project check list. Uses budgeting guidelines, as outlined in Sales Policy, to input individual budgets on each project into MIS.
c) Responsible for routing media kits to all necessary departments for review and approval, and finally getting them back to Marketing Account Specialists.
d) Reviews MIS reports to identify company renewals available on a publication for distribution to either company renewers or the project’s assigned book leader and assigns those renewals to sales representatives per the direction of sales team management.
e) Responsible for ensuring that all projects are entered into MIS and are opened on time. Sets up sales plan details in MIS with information provided by/from GPM and SM/PM. Ensures proper specifications/budgets/costs/etc. are entered based upon GPM guidance. Ensures that all necessary fields are filled out and “clicked off” to get a project/book open for sales in time for renewal/book/project opening. Advises GPM in a timely manner if there are any problems that could cause a project to possibly be late in opening.
f) Per specifications provided by the SM, PM or GPM, compiles packets of information to be used at book/project opening meetings.
g) Takes direction from GPM, Sales or Project Manager and Sales Administration Supervisor on advertising sales rate adjustments and inputs new rates and rate adjustments into MIS. Notifies Sales Administration Supervisor of deviations from expected rates/ adjustments based on set rate adjustments for the year.
h) Ensures information on sales team, letter territory assignments and leads list requests are accurately entered in MIS so that Marketing can distribute leads accurately into sales reps in CRM.
i) Provides information, as needed, to sales and project management, regarding project budgets in MIS.
2) Provides General Administrative Support to Team of GPM, PM and SM
a) Runs MIS reports for GPM’s, PM and SM’s, including reports on sales and other performance, branch schedules, book budgets, revenue recognition, book openings, etc. Frequency of reports to be determined by need and may vary throughout month, quarter and year.
b) On a monthly basis, reviews branch schedule with GPM to determine book/project meeting schedules for all publications/projects that open during that month and updates/ changes as appropriate. Communicates schedule to the sales team members.
c) Assists GPM’s in scheduling and coordinating PPTMs (Publication Project Team Meetings) and other team meetings, as needed.
d) Send all notifications to the sales team on a timely basis (e.g. renewal, prime positions, clean-up and outsert deadlines).
e) Alerts Group Management team when budgeted profit and loss margins do not meet our company standards, as defined by Senior management.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, though an Associate degree is required, with a preference for the degree in business administration or similar field. Additional years of relevant progressive work experience, including very strong administrative experience may substitute for degree requirements.
- At least 2-3 years progressive relevant work experience in an administration, production and/or office environment, supporting a group of people or projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel and internet browsers such Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Minimum typing speed of 45 cwpm.
- Must have strong demonstrated written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to support the Group Project Manager, Sales and Project Managers and team members.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and schedules for several managers simultaneously.
- For internal candidates, familiarity with Naylor MIS strongly preferred. An understanding of Naylor’s sales process with advertisers, as well as 3-part sales strategy is also helpful. Previous Naylor experience in Sales, Marketing, Sales Administration or other areas desirable.
- Ability to sit and use keyboard for extended period of time.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to conduct self according to Naylor’s operating values.
Naylor Association Solutions
- 2 years ago - save job