This position exists to be the primary responsibility for supporting Program or Functional Managers in the creation and maintenance of schedule and budget in the company standard form. Also advises the Manager on project or budget management techniques and tools and keeps the Program Manager up-to-date on status. Further, this position supports and facilitates communication concerning the project, manages project documentation , may facilitate project task sand serves as an on the spot process and toolset expert.
1. Provide direct assistance to Managers to manage and maintain project or program budgets and to provide budget tracking and analysis through a hands-on knowledge of company project accounting processes (RPM, RF cycles, project budget status reporting, invoice handling, etc.) and the tools involved (Excel, PeopleSoft systems, etc.).
2. Provide direct assistance to Managers to create, manage and maintain project schedules through hands-on knowledge of:
â€¢ Applicable toolsets
â€¢ MS Project
â€¢ Other Project Server & Time Server applications
3. Provide direct assistance to Managers to create, manage and maintain project scope through knowledge of Work Breakdown Structure techniques and the tools used to display and communicate them.
4. Provide documentation management for project teams, especially concerning creation and use of company repository and Intranet. Provide basic web-site development and maintenance in support of program documentation , status updates and other needs as identified by the Manager.
5. Provide ad hoc support to all Managers and project teams to answer questions regarding project management processes and provide short-term assistance in creating and managing project scope, schedule status reports, documentation and budget.
6. Show individual leadership by exerting influence as a project team member to fulfill the above accountabilities and to manage minor tasks in the plan to a successful completion. 7. Other duties as assigned.
1. AA in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, etc. or equivalent experience
2. Prior experience in project planning
3. Managed small projects or accountable to lead a team to decision making or completion of an assignment (A Plus)
4. Excellent clerical and organizational skills
5. Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
6. Experience in web development helpful