Socotherm (a ShawCor company) is a leading provider of thermal insulation coatings, anti-corrosion coatings, internal coatings, and concrete weight coatings for onshore and offshore pipelines. Our coating facilities are located in key energy producing regions around the world such as the Americas, Europe and Africa. Two research and development centers, located in Italy and Argentina, support Socotherm in developing unique and innovative coating solutions for the world’s pipelines.
Position Summary :
The Production Coordinator acts as a liaison and the main point of contact between Socotherm Channelview customers and the rest of the organization to ensure a positive customer experience as well as to meet or exceed safety, quality/delivery, revenue and contribution margin targets on assigned projects.
The Production Coordinator provides the full range of project coordination including documents for materials needed, contract information, and adjustments to existing inventory necessary to process orders. Duties also include managing the daily production schedule and coordinating production in cooperation with production and logistics resources.
Key Responsibilities :
- Reporting: Provide daily revenue reports and summary of activities. Ensure accurate records are kept for pipe traceability and project record keeping. Report to management and chart work in progress. Update and provide information to customers about their orders.
- Shipping and Receiving: Coordinate the receiving and shipping of pipe as per contract and customer requirements.
- Production: Conferring with Plant and Logistics/Yard Supervisors on pending orders. Provide schedules for receiving, production and shipping. Provide written production schedules and work order instruction to operations as mandated by Company’s standards and procedures.
- Production Scheduling: Coordinate schedules with Commercial Manager and Plant Superintendent for orders to be coated
- Inventory: Assist with raw materials and inventory control. Coordinate raw materials, receiving and tracking.
- Invoicing: Generates invoice for client
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via the link below or the posting on our career page at www.shawcor.com/careers to be considered for this opportunity.
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a similar role
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience and knowledge in the pipe coating process
- Strong technical aptitude
- Good understanding of sales and order system as well as Pipe Track system
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
ShawCor Ltd. - 2 years ago