The Project Coordinator is responsible for the schedule maintenance, author contact, Editorial/Production communication, and transmittal of manuscripts assigned to them by departmental supervisor.
- Contact authors/editors of assigned projects within 2 weeks of receiving assignment.
- Act as sole contact for authors/editors of assigned projects, sending them the necessary paperwork, keeping them on schedule, and answering any production/permission questions they have prior to transmittal.
- Get in contact with contributors of edited works, sending them the necessary paperwork, keeping them informed of deadlines, and answering any production/permission questions they have prior to submitting their article(s).
- Monitor the schedules of incoming projects and alert Supervisor and Contact Editor to any foreseeable problems or possible slippage in dates.
- Obtain sample pages for each incoming project, and after being reviewed by Supervisor and Prepress, inform author of comments and discuss any issues that may have arisen from review.
- Transmit projects assigned to them by the Supervisor or Manager in the timeframes given to them ( no more than 2 days for Camera Ready books and no more than 3-7 days for disk books ).
- Once book is transmitted, act as liaison between Production and Editorial for assigned projects, keeping everyone informed of author issues, title changes, etc.
- Responsible for meeting departmental transmittal goal of 6-8 books a month.
- Maintain and close permission files for transmitted books.
- High school diploma necessary and college preferred, but not required.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
* Strong computer skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Proven ability to work with minimal direct supervisor.
* Proven ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects and responsibilities at once.
* Strong sense or urgency and the ability to prioritize.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Taylor and Francis Group, LLC - 13 months ago