The Project Director, Financial Services, under the direction of the Director of Enterprise Management Systems coordinates, oversees, and reports on all Financial Services projects to ensure that the projects are on the right path and have the visibility required. Under minimal supervision, the Project Direct, Financial Services is competent to manage and work on all phases of applications systems analysis and implementation activities.
- Works with leaders in Information Technology: Director of Enterprise Management Systems, IT Application Systems, IT Technical Services, IT Security Services, IT Field Management, and IT Client Services management and other IT staff as required to guide the project through the implementation.
- Works with leaders in Finance and Decision Support as they guide the operational activities of the implementation.
- Structures the Allscripts EPSi and other implementations by determining and documenting Project Goals, Project Scope, Project Requirements, Project Staffing, Project Risks and Mitigation and overall Project Planning. Assists with development and monitoring of the budget for the project.
- Coordinates activities required for acquisition of any products required: requirements, Request for Proposal (RFP), demonstrations, and vendor selection.
- Manages project plan, ongoing issues/resolutions.
- Provides formal communication to the Senior VP and CIO, The Director of Enterprise Management Systems, the CHS IT Executive Steering Committee and the Executive Project Sponsor. Serves as the central point of communication for the Allscripts EPSi implementation project.
Has or gains a solid understanding of Allscripts EPSi product suite and implementation process by attending courses and/or working with vendors as required.
Has or gains a solid understanding of technology components required for Allscripts EPSi implementation.
Manages the formal documentation of scope, cost, schedule, issues and quality of the project.
Communicates with business leaders in the facilities, and CHS central offices as needed.
Coordinates with IT Management the activities of IT Teams in all applicable areas (Applications, Technology Services, Security, Field Services, Client Services etc.) all project activities: software, hardware, implementation, testing and training testing schedules.
Works with Finance and Decision Support Leadership to coordinate business and operational tasks, internal communications and change management to ensure that the appropriate considerations and preparations are in place initiative.
Develops monthly status reports appropriate for Executive Management to report on all aspects of the Allscripts EPSi Implementation.
Identifies delays in the decision making process, and escalates decisions to the appropriate Committee or to IT Leadership, IT Executive Steering Committee.
Helps to communicate proper expectations for all members of the business community, including promoting the new system and representing it positively to the user community
Education, Training and Experience:
- Collect and document user requirements; develop high-level work schedules and test plans; conduct project meetings; monitor timely completion of project deliverables; monitor project staffing and overall project budget and explain any/all variances.
- Manage project portfolio and set appropriate expectations with CHS’s user community and internal project office.
- Foster and support strong project management principles and monitor adherence to same by the project team.
- Demonstrate strong adherence to IT change management policies and procedures and hold staff accountable for compliance.
- Develop, educate, and monitor team adherence to CHS policies, procedures, and work standards.
- Direct the daily operations of team members to provide work assignments, allocate team resources to services or initiatives, monitor work schedules, ensure deadlines are met, and services are being delivered efficiently in accordance with requirements and CHS strategic objectives.
- Effectively utilize each team member to his/her fullest potential and motivate the team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Identify opportunities for team improvement, track lessons learned and communicate information with team members.
- Identify and address training and development needs of the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Healthcare Administration or Business Administration or equivalent and a minimum of seven years of experience in a progressive IT environment is required.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications and the ability to quickly learn new software products.
- Effective human relations and personnel management skills.
- Strong business orientation and ability to develop solid working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- A predisposition to collaborate with others in the attainment of common goals and objectives.
- Creative, innovative and flexible in responding to rapidly changing needs and priorities.
- Self-directed and motivated professional with a desire to assist the organization achieve its business objectives
- Willingness to travel from entity to entity.
- Experience leading teams of individuals and the ability to manage staff effectively
- Past success with large-scale projects. Strong project management skills with hands-on experience using IT process and project management tools and techniques. In-depth knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies.
- Healthcare experience (recommended, not required.)
- Experienced in developing and managing financial budgets and targets.
Catholic Health Services of Long Island - 19 months ago