The Project Director, Information Technology leads development, implementation and support for new and existing business solutions aligned to Symmetry Surgical’s business objectives globally. Direct the planning and implementation of complete “business solutions” (technology, applications, processes and training) in accordance with regulatory requirements supporting commercial expansion initiatives. Partner with key business counterparts to rationalize business processes, and design innovative solutions supporting these processes. Participate and advise customers in key technology decisions (e.g. selection of external partners, evaluation of insourcing and outsourcing alternatives, establishing business plans/priorities, tool selection). Oversee the completion of initiation, requirements, design, build, test, implementation, and support of solutions leveraging both internal and external resources.
- Coordinate activities across vendor, end user and internal IT resources to achieve deliverables as defined in project plans Troubleshoots system management to maximum computer time
- Direct development and day-to-day production support for new and existing solutions within business application development environment. Oversee the completion of initiation, requirements, design, build, test, implementation, and support of solutions.
- Plays a hands-on role in the definition of business and system requirements for new projects, writing reports, and developing and testing application changes as required. Use ad-hoc queries to investigate data issues in relational source systems.
- Oversite of IT testing and change management to ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner without impacting current production environment.
- Manages integration of new business acquisitions from an end to end IT perspective including the transition of systems and conversion of data into Symmetry Surgical systems.
- Deliver projects with high quality, within the agreed upon budgetary and time constraints in accordance with business and customer expectations.
- Administration of project management processes and tools including issues management, budget management, project planning and tracking, risk and expectations management.
- Provide regular written and verbal project communications/updates of status and issues.
- Manage external relationships with vendors. Lead IT vendor evaluations, selection, and negotiations. Accountable for escalation and management of issues with vendors.
- Reviews system documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory, financial, legal and/or departmental requirements. Supports compliance efforts for SOX and CFR 21, Part 11 as required.
- Accountable for escalation and management of issues with vendors.
- Coordinate software and hardware purchases and legal agreements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with multiple audiences, including senior management, corporate and distribution center teammates.
- Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to make and act on decisions with limited information.
- Demonstrated negotiation, persuasion and conflict management skills; proven ability to serve as champion for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to identify opportunities that lead to operational improvements and/or savings.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency, ability to work independently and in a team setting involving multiple departments, partners, and business processes.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff within the organization as well as external constituencies.
- Must be flexible and willing to learn and lead adoption of new technology.
- Well-organized, able to establish priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- A “can-do” team player that is passionate about the business and has a strong desire to continuously improve performance and service.
- Ability to determine and implement corrective measures to resolve issues.
- Ability to respond effectively and quickly to internal and external customer needs and issues.
- Anticipates customer needs and provides responsive solutions.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science, or information systems; professional certification in database administration preferred.
- 4-5 years in broad IT management position with small to medium sized manufacturer. Healthcare experience required.
- Previous experience managing transition of IT systems and data related to an acquisition or divestiture.
- Prior EDI processing experience a plus.
- Expertise with ERP software required; Epicor Preferred.
- EtQ (or other document management system) is a plus.
- Expertise with standard reporting tools (Crystal Reports/SQL Reports).
- Strong database design and SQL programming skills.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server DBMS (or other RDBMS).
- Experience with data modeling. Knowledge of server, database and query tuning and optimization is a plus.
- Experience in leading several full life cycle implementations and have an understanding of all aspects of an implementation project including, but not limited to planning, analysis and design, configuration, development, conversions, system testing, cutover and production support.
- A broad knowledge of design, function, and characteristics of the N-Tier desktop architecture, database design, and development. This includes knowledge of sophisticated computer hardware, systems software, extensive application software, and debugging techniques needed to develop and maintain applications.
- Ability to analyze and develop creative solutions to complex system issues.
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Word, Access and Excel.
- Experience working with large amounts of data that require analysis and resulting decisions that directly impact profitability of the company.
Symmetry Medical - 2 years ago