Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Director serves as the main client point of contact
on large, complex construction projects. From preconstruction through
closeout, the Project Director has P&L responsibility on a
portfolio of projects or on 1-2 mega projects and has overall
responsibility for team performance and employee development. This
position will be based out of our Atlanta, GA office and is an
exciting, challenging role for which only the best builders are
In addition to the opportunity to lead some
of the most challenging projects in the nation, we also offer
outstanding competitive starting salary plus annual performance bonus,
profit sharing, 401k, company vehicle and stock ownership.
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer
regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status,
genetic information, national origin, disability or protected
- Must have experience managing large, $60-200M+, healthcare,
laboratory, or general commercial projects.
oversee 2-5 projects or 1-2 Mega Projects.
- Maintain a
thorough understanding of the McCarthy/Owner contract and oversee
the entire field operation to achieve contract compliance.
- Responsible for P&L on each project. Become thoroughly
knowledgeable ofprojected costs, contingent liabilities and
contingent savings/increased profits.
- Establish/maintain a
strong relationship with owner, design team and subcontractors.
- Serve as a liaison between the office and field, while
coordinating staffing and movement of field personnel.
- Review and approve project team on-site setup, including
facilities layout, selection of forming systems and equipment.
- Monitor receipt of subcontractor bonds; and periodically review
status of subcontractor management, change order processing and shop
- Assist the project staff in the development of the
- Monitor schedule performance.
- Oversee Quality Management Program to achieve contract
compliance and a quality project.
- Independently review
schedule, looking for ways to expedite construction and predict
- Champion job site Safety effort, motivating the
on-site team in the implementation of McCarthy safety
- Recommend self-improvement programs that may
assist employees in their professional and personal