• Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program or project.
• Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected suppliers during the program or project execution. Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client. Assists business development in understanding client issues and business plans in order to market and secure new/additional work.
• Establishes the program or project requirements for all areas of the program or project and monitors the draft and final adherence to these criteria.
• Promotes technical excellence on the program or project, including adherence to the Quality Improvement Process.
• Mobilizes Company resources, through effective liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
• Works with individual project managers and project engineers to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of a program or project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
• Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths. Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates.
• Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all program or project activity, including significant milestones, and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule.
• Works with individual project managers and project engineers to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and Company management of any such changes.
• May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
• Oversees establishment of Work Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan and other documents for hazardous waste work.
• Completes other responsibilities associated with the position as may be appropriate.
• Typically requires a BS/BA degree in Engineering, Construction or related field (or the equivalent of 8 to 12 years of relevant experience).
• In addition, 10 to 12 years of related work experience, including supervisory and management experience is required.
• Professional Engineer preferred.
• Position will be based in Odessa, Texas
• Position eligible for relocation assistance
• Comprehensive benefits plan including 100% Company paid Employee only health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K, Profit Sharing, and supplemental benefit elections.
Provides direction and management for every phase of a heavy industrial construction project to ensure on-schedule completion within or below budget and in accordance with contractual obligations. Plans and defines project goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies. Must be able to manage a program or project of up to $200 million in total cost. Prior experience must include significant industrial project experience and successful project management.
Saulsbury Industries - 11 months ago