Jones Edmunds is seeking an experienced electrical engineer with current PE license to support the design of high performance industrial facilities which integrate complex building systems for our federal, spaceport, and municipal clients. Candidates must have experience working for an engineering consulting firm, and have proven success in design of industrial facilities and infrastructure.
Successful candidate will perform electrical designs and provide construction technical support as part of a multi-disciplined project team. System designs include low voltage power, commercial lighting, fire alarm systems, premise communication wiring, paging systems, security systems, and utility connections for industrial, public, and commercial facilities. Clients include federal, military, and aerospace organizations, as well as state, municipal, and private sector.
Experience with sustainable design and LEED knowledge a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assist in the development of client proposals for projects to ensure a complete scope that meets company, industry, and client standards and expectations.
· Direct and supervise the work of engineer interns, designers and CADD staff on a project-by-project basis.
· Work with project managers and team members to maximize profitability while maintaining a high level of quality.
· Analyze and design systems.
· Prepare complete project documents including, studies, reports, engineering drawings and technical specifications.
· Prepare concise and correct written correspondence.
· Provide technical support on construction projects including reviewing construction submittals and performing construction site observations.
· Work independently or as part of a team to perform technical activities consistent with project plans within project scope and budget.
· Track progress on project tasks relative to scope, deliverables, schedule and budget.
· Provide QC review of work product on projects to ensure they meet Company, industry and client standards and expectations in accordance with the Jones Edmunds Project Management Manual and Jones Edmunds QAQC program.
· Candidates must have experience organizing and preparing detailed and accurate technical correspondence, studies and reports.
· Meet deadlines or assist others in meeting deadlines.
OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS:
· Participate in projects that result in publication/presentations
· Engage in continuing professional development
· Demonstrate responsible stewardship over all Company resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: BS Engineering from accredited college or university
Registration: Registered Professional Engineer, preference for Florida Registration. Must obtain Florida registration within six months of hire.
Certification: LEED AP preferred
Experience: 8+ years of progressive consulting or related experience
Other: Publication/presentation record
Valid Driver’s License, with acceptable MVR
Ability to obtain Federal clearance
Local candidates will be given preference. AA/EOE/DFWP
Jones, Edmunds and Associates, Inc. - 18 months ago