ESS Group, Inc. is seeking a project engineer with experience in water resources, stormwater, or coastal engineering and permitting to provide assessment, design, permitting, and compliance services for water resources and coastal projects. This individual must be a self-starter, outgoing, and willing to accept added responsibility to grow both personally and professionally. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform coastal/waterfront and/or stormwater/water resources assessment, permitting, and design both individually and as part of multi-disciplinary teams
- Prepare state and federal regulatory permitting applications (e.g., MA Wetlands Protection Act, MA Chapter 91 Waterways, RI CRMC, MACZM, RIDEM, USACE)
- Manage projects with responsibility for project profitability, staff utilization, accounts receivable collection, administrative reporting, and other functions
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring
- Manage subconsultants
- Serve as subject matter expert/lead in more or more technical areas, which may include:
- coastal wave and littoral processes
- analysis of coastal hazards , such as coastal and estuarine flood hazard mapping
- planning, permitting, and engineering of coastal structures, dredging, and marinas
- navigation and marine transportation impact assessments
- design and assessment of stormwater management systems and erosion control measures, including the use of Low Impact Development techniques
- planning, routing, permitting, and preliminary engineering of submarine transmission systems
- floodplain management and watershed planning and assessment projects
- Retain and strengthen existing client relationships
- Actively participate in new client development initiatives
- Develop pricing strategies and prepare proposals
- Assist with development and implementation of marketing and sales action plans for coastal and water resource services
- Identify, pursue, and win projects both independently and in coordination with the Business Unit Leader and other senior ESS staff
- Assist ESS senior staff to promote ESS growth in New England and the Mid-Atlantic
- BS degree in civil, environmental, or water resources engineering or MS degree with concentration in coastal, marine, ocean, or water resources engineering/science
- Licensed PE in MA and/or RI, Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM); or ability to become licensed in 12 months
- 5-10 years of experience in water resources, stormwater, or coastal project consulting engineering
- CEDAS, CHAMP, ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil3D, HydroCAD, and/or other coastal or water resource/stormwater engineering software experience
For more information about ESS Group, Inc. visit www.essgroup.com .
ESS Group, Inc. offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that includes medical & dental insurance, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance program, pre-tax accounts for health care, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid company holidays, sick leave, and vacation time. ESS Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US.
Please include the job title: “Project Engineer, WCE ” in the subject line and e-mail your resume and cover letter to:
ESS Group, Inc. - 6 months ago
In 2002, ESS made a significant commitment to expand the company's engineering capabilities. This has been a real value-added feature for...