#19138 Project Engineer Solar Energy
Location: Durham, NC
Our client has taken a unique approach to solar electricity. By combining world record module efficiency and performance with industry-standard, low-cost microelectronics manufacturing techniques, the company is redefining the path to cost-competitive, sustainable generation of solar electricity. The company delivers two to three times higher efficiency than traditional solar modules, superior performance in hot climates, industry-leading capacity factors and the highest energy density in the world - all while driving down the cost of electricity and minimizing the impact on the environment.
The project engineer will be responsible for developing utility-scale hardware solutions for arrays of HCPV (High concentration photovoltaic) modules. The successful candidate will coordinate mechanical and electrical designs to deliver working dual-axis solar tracker assemblies.
- To design structural elements, arrays, and interfaces for CPV tracker installations.
- To coordinate design requirements between multiple engineering disciplines, vendors, and customers.
- To perform cost-models on the balance-of-systems for solar installations.
- To validate and qualify cost-effective trackers for CPV module arrays.
- To perform wind-loading and structural analysis of tracker assemblies.
- To manage the integration of modules with trackers and identify installation solutions.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Mechanical, Structural or Civil Engineering
- 5+ years of engineering experience, solar installation experience preferred
- Working proficiency of mechanical CAD software, Solidworks preferred
- Working proficiency in structural finite element analysis (FEA)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Hands-on experience with structural photovoltaic installations and/or solar trackers
- Professional engineer certification
Greg Schreiner / Redfish Technology
Clean Tech Recruitment Manager
Leading Recruiters in IT and Clean Tech
Redfish Technology - Green Tech / Alternative Energy Division - 12 months ago