I am currently working with a good client of mine located in Pasadena who is looking for a Project Engineer. This company specializes in innovative solutions for the refinery industry. The position is very unique in that each project will be very different from each other and provides "hands on" engineering.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for a project or a particular phase of a large project which could include the entire life cycle from initial concept through successful completion. Will complete assigned engineering projects in accordance with customer specifications and company requirements within schedule and budget limitations, coordinating activities of the engineering team, contractors, and vendors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads the design group during project development.
• Directs development of an action plan and estimates requirements for resources management, labor, materials and time required to complete the project.
• Assesses vendors for competence, capabilities, resources, and financial status.
• Monitors progress of the project and compares actual costs with estimates.
• Works with design groups to modify plans as appropriate if problems arise.
• Coordinates the activities of the design and construction teams.
• Manages project issues, budgets, and schedules.
• Prepares monthly reports, detailing progress and costs for top management.
• Reviews and studies existing equipment, facilities, systems, and processes to improve efficiency, increase quality, and reduce costs.
• Develop PEP (Project Execution Plan), DBM (Design Basis Memorandum), JDB (Job Data Book), FEP (Field Erection Plan), SOW (Scope of work), and Split Matrix.
• Works with client to resolve problems.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering.
• Minimum 10 years of engineering design experience.
• Minimum 3 years of project engineering experience.
• Excellent communications and organizational skills.
• Excellent analytical skills for reviewing costs and preparing budget reports.
Rigzone.com - 18 months ago
- 3 hours ago
- 2 days ago
- 1 day ago