Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is the industry-leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics, founded in 1978. Alpine is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for your mobile entertainment. As a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world's premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronic equipment, Alpine is the specialized supplier of quality mobile electronics systems.
The Project Engineer will interface with the OEM customer during the approval and design phases of a program to ensure customer requirements are met. The Engineer will reside at our Farmington Hills, MI location.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
· Daily communication and coordination with customer concerning program direction, engineering, and production issues.
· Meets with the customer to maintain the business relationship, resolve any pending issues and assist w/quotations as required or necessary.
· Assists with product production planning.
· Maintains PPAP for program(s) and coordination of all 7D’s as they relate to assigned programs
· Leads DVP of program(s) to ensure schedule. Will at times need to negotiate both internally and with customer to meet schedule(s).
· Use CANoe tools to complete component and system level validation on radios/components. Responsible for writing and conducting test plans.
· Reviews & maintains documentation on engineering pricing changes to determine customer needs and price schedules or adjustments for assigned programs.
· Leads engineering team to ensure specifications and timing goals are met.
· Performs systems engineering tasks as required.
· Prepares periodic reports on activities and development of program to be used by management.
The desired engineer will have a BSEE with minimum 3-5 yrs automotive program management experience preferably with radio, audio, RF, display/telematics education or experience along with:
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; Knowledge of OEM APQP
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; An understanding of speaker design and development
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; Proficient at managing multiple projects
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; Ability to interpret and navigate electrical schematics.
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; Experience with CANoe tools and oscilloscopes.
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; Good customer interface skills and ability to negotiate independently
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; Must be able to effectively read, write and interpret documents.
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; Strong written and verbal communication.
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; Strong work ethic with good time management.
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; Basic math skills.
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; Self-motivated team player who demonstrates initiative and flexibility.
· & & & & ; ;nbs p; Strong organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks are required.
We offer competitive salaries with an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and a great work environment. Alpine values its members as individuals, and is committed to forming an energetic and attractive company where the quality of work is enhanced.
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - 2 years ago