BCCI is proud to be ranked in the Top 25 of Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for the fifth consecutive year. Bring your commitment to quality, eye for detail and passion for doing exceptional work to our dynamic team!
We are seeking a Project Engineer to provide overall administrative and construction support for single and/or multiple projects for our Preconstruction team.
Work with Preconstruction Team on the preconstruction process from conceptual budget through procurement of final subcontractor and vendor agreements to ensure quality and timely delivery of estimates including: * Manage all aspects of bid documentation. * Use On-Screen Takeoff to perform quantity surveys. Assist in preparing accurate preliminary construction budgets to include subcontractor scope letters and subcontractor bid analysis; preparing package of pricing, scope letters, and lead times; comparing competitive bids, reviewing quotes and estimates with the Project Manager and/or Superintendents, and performing post-bid buyouts and preliminary project schedules. * Use Timberline Estimating to support the Preconstruction Team. * Use Microsoft Excel to perform bid analysis and budgets. * Use Microsoft Word in preparing scope letters and bid packages. * Attend job walks and jobsite visit as required by Preconstruction Team.
- College degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, and/or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years construction industry experience.
- Working knowledge of construction documentation and pricing.
- Working knowledge of company software programs, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Prolog.
- Ability to independently organize work assignments and meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent editing, proofreading and writing skills.
- Must like working in a fast paced environment.
BCCI is a leading commercial contractor, headquartered in San Francisco with an office in Palo Alto serving the Greater Bay area. Established in 1986, BCCI provides a full range of construction services, including new building, structural renovation, historic restoration, seismic upgrades, commercial interiors, pre-construction services, sustainable construction and LEED management.