Balfour Beatty is looking for a Project Engineer to assist Project Manager and Sr. Project Engineer with the planning and daily execution of the construction project. Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, maintaining schedules and budgets.
Project Financial Responsibilities
- Assists project management by proactively managing the project budget by controlling expenses, administering owner and subcontractor billings, identifying work not covered by subcontractor’s scope of work/budget and ensuring the success of office support functions related to the overall cost and scheduled completion.
Project Start-up and Scheduling
- Establish procedures for controlling contract drawings.
- Initiates set-up of the job management system.
- Assists with the scopes of work, bid package development and help solicit subcontractors and suppliers.
- Initiates the building permit process.
Project Administration, Coordination and Close-out
- Assists in the development of the site utilization plan.
- Assists Project Manager / Superintendent in the review and coordination of the Loss Prevention and Quality Control Program.
- Develops submittal log, participate in subcontractor project orientation meetings, communicate and coordinate submittals and coordination drawings with subcontractors and the Superintendent.
- Actively participates in subcontractor project orientation.
Promote Customer Relations
- Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
- Conducts preconstruction meetings with subcontractors, assisted by the Project Manager and/or Superintendent.
- Serves as the onsite quality manager for assigned trades by verifying subcontractor deliveries meet approved submittal requirements.
- Attends and participates in meetings with Architect/Engineer and owner representatives, provides information and assists the Project Manager in the preparation of progress reports/meeting minutes.
- Distributes proposal change documents to subcontractors/suppliers and assists in collecting pricing and/or prepares change proposal requests for internal pricing review.
- Ensures all clarifications, changes, directives, RFIs, etc., are updated on the “as-built” drawings and are fully coordinated with company supervision and all subcontractor/suppliers.
- Responsible for submitting owner required close-out documents and assisting subcontractors /suppliers in scheduling owner required training and documentation.
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
Embrace key BBC-wide initiatives, like Zero Harm, Sustainability, and core Values, and does one’s part to demonstrate relentless behaviors and embeds them into our culture.
- Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
- Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
- Participates in personal career development through on-the-job training, attends operations classroom training programs and assists in the development of interns / co-ops.
Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Job Description - Requirements
Education, Experience and Knowledge
Balfour Beatty Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position. Entry level graduate up to 2 years of experience preferred, or 2 to 4 years of progressive construction related trade experience. Internship(s) or Co-ops with a construction company is desired.
- Organizes people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
- Makes decisions under tight deadlines, sometimes with incomplete information.
- Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and make necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
- Acts in a manner of integrity that demonstrates support for the company values and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
Balfour Beatty Construction is deep in the heart of Texas -- and beyond. The company provides start-to-finish project management,...