Balfour Beatty Construction is seeking a qualified Project Engineer for a project in Los Angeles, California.
Project Engineers are responsible for assisting the Project Manager with the planning and daily execution of the construction project. Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, by assisting with the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, and maintaining schedules and budgets.
Project Financial Responsibilities
• Assists project management with the owner billing process, the preparation and submission of subcontractor payments and the financial analysis of the project (cost-to-complete).
• Assists with the scopes of work, bid package development and helps solicit subcontractors and suppliers.
• Assists with writing and administering contracts.
Project Start-up and Scheduling
• Assists Project Manager / Superintendent in the review and coordination of the Loss Prevention and Quality Control Program.
• Participates in start-up meetings with the owners, subcontractors and vendors.
• Communicates and coordinates submittals and coordination drawings with subcontractors and the Superintendent.
Project Administration, Coordination and Close-out
• Attends and participates in meetings with Architect/Engineer and owner representatives, provides information and assists the Project Manager in the preparation of progress reports/meeting minutes.
• Distributes proposal change documents to subcontractors/suppliers and assists in collecting pricing and/or prepares change proposal requests for internal pricing review.
• Ensures all change orders, directives, RFIs, addendums, etc., are updated and communicated to project management. Compiles backup for all proposal changes.
• Responsible for submitting owner required close-out documents and assisting subcontractors /suppliers in scheduling owner required training and documentation.
Promote Customer Relations
• Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations.
• Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
• Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
Performs other related duties as needed.
Job Description - Requirements
Education, Experience and Knowledge
• B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field. Entry level graduate up to 2 years of experience preferred, or 2 to 4 years of progressive construction related experience. Internship(s) or Co-ops with a construction company is desired.
• LEED AP Certification, preferred.
• Ability to make decisions under tight deadlines, sometimes with incomplete information.
• Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and make necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
• Acts in a manner of integrity that demonstrates support for the company values and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
• Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook). Experience with Prolog and/or Constructware is a plus.
Balfour Beatty Construction is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace.
Balfour Beatty Construction is deep in the heart of Texas -- and beyond. The company provides start-to-finish project management,...