PROJECT ENGINEER – GOLF BALL R&D
Callaway is committed to being the market leader in golf ball technology and innovation. The project engineer will be responsible for evaluating, planning and executing Golf Ball R & D projects. This includes leading various engineering projects in an end-to-end format with proper follow-up sequences. This position will support product/process scale-up to production and monitor proper communication and implementation of design transmittals. This position will act as a liaison between the various teams and will be responsible for involving the right personnel at the right time and keep the affected team informed about the progress of various projects. This person will use various engineering skills, six sigma tools (e.g. design of experiments, process capability, pareto analysis, root cause analysis, etc.) as well as project management tools and communication skills to plan and execute projects. This person would be responsible for designing and maintaining a repository of completed projects, documenting lessons learned and key observations.
Main Responsibilities include but not limited to,
· Lead the planning and execution of various Golf Ball R & D projects ranging from product design, product/process improvement, troubleshooting to fundamental understanding projects.
· Work with project sponsor and stakeholders to define project scope, goals, deliverables, testing criteria and required resources.
· Design studies using inputs from key personnel, six sigma concepts and get approval from the project sponsors and decision makers.
· Define test requirements, compile and analyze the results.
· Clearly communicate expectations to all the team members and stakeholders.
· Coordinate the scheduling of the various studies depending upon resource availability and project priorities.
· Provide project timelines, status, and technical summary reports to management as required.
· Compile test results from various sources, publish formal reports, communicate them clearly to the involved parties and follow through the implementation of the results.
· Lead, coach and motivate project team members on a proactive basis.
· Identify and evaluate new materials, methods, and/or tools in order to improve current processes and/or equipment
· Work with R & D, production and quality engineering to not only improve current quality criteria but also develop new criteria based on unfulfilled needs and business impacts.
· Project/Process Management experience
· Ability to lead technical meetings and communicate complex ideas to a broad audience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
· Outstanding leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
· Highly organized and self-motivated, with strong multi-tasking ability
· Ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast paced environment
· Ability to adapt to changing environments and priorities
· Strong attention to detail
· Quick learning curve is essential
· Experience using statistical tools required; Experience with Minitab is ideal
· Ability to read engineering drawings and some CAD experience preferred
· Understanding of engineering principles and knowledge of polymer materials and related processing techniques preferred
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Planning and organizing
· Influencing and leading
· Team work
· Conflict management
· Stress tolerance
Education and/or Experience:
· BS in Engineering with 2-5 years’ engineering and/or project management experience
Big Bertha gets Callaway Golf swinging. With its flagship driver named after a WWI cannon, Callaway makes premium-priced golf clubs that are...