Center Manufacturing, Inc., a leading manufacturer of complex structural and cosmetic welded tubular assemblies for the power sport, automotive, commercial vehicle and agricultural markets, has an opening for a full time Project Engineer at its Vanderbilt MI location.
- Perform project management duties related to launch of new products and engineering changes to existing products
- Provide customer support via product design advice and problem solving assistance
- Prepares quotations for new products & engineering changes to existing products
- Determine sourcing for new tools. Negotiate costs & terms, approve tool designs, monitor tool construction, coordinate and supervise tool tryouts
- Create and maintain engineering documents
- Written and verbal communications with customers, suppliers and co-workers
- Monitor performance to tooling budget
- Provides technical support to manufacturing
- Lead cross functional APQP team in the launch of an automotive styled launch of safety critical frame components
- Ability to manage launch deliverables including tool budgets, timing, process cycle times, quality capabilities
For more information on Center Manufacturing and to apply on-line, go to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Preferred; 2 year technical degree required.
- Familiarity with 3-D CAD systems, GD&T and typical drafting standards.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete complex mathematical calculations and engineering of problems.
- Must be capable of answering detailed questions on a broad array of subjects pertinent to the current technical business from engineers, managers, analysis, and systems groups. Time management and interpersonal skills are required
- Must have flexibility to travel.
- 2 to 5 years of program/project management experience in automotive or heavy truck style product launches
- Full understanding of AIAG documentation and philosophies
- Understanding of metal forming and assembly operations.
Center Manufacturing, Inc. - 12 months ago