DCP Midstream, LLC, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, is a leader in the midstream segment of the energy industry as the No. 1 NGL producer, No. 1 natural gas gatherer and processor, and No. 3 NGL pipeline operator in the U.S., based on miles of pipeline operated. DCP Midstream is a 50-50 joint venture between Phillips 66 and Spectra Energy. DCP Midstream is the link in the energy chain ensuring society has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. As the largest producer of natural gas liquids in the U.S., DCP Midstream is proud of the role its 3,200 employees perform in gathering and processing natural gas in 18 states. DCP Midstream is the largest oil and gas company and the largest private company in Denver, and is the Top Company Winner for Energy/Natural Resources in Colorado as recognized by ColoradoBiz. For more information, visit the DCP Midstream website at www.dcpmidstream.com.
DCP Midstream, LLC is also the general partner and manages the operations of DCP Midstream Partners, LP, a midstream master limited partnership (MLP) which trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DPM). (www.dcppartners.com)
Design, development, and implementation of projects to enhance or expand existing processes and operations of Gas plants and gathering systems. Also planning and design of mechanical and electrical equipment and oversight of the installation, start-up, and commissioning of equipment. Serve as a technical resource for troubleshooting and problem solving.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Lead Project Development discussions, design, cost estimating and project justification, and coordinate management of the project construction with Construction Specialists and contractors. Assist project manager progress project through project management process phases.
• During the design phase, makes sure all Safety, Regulatory, Industry and DCP Codes, Standards and Requirements are incorporated and documented as well as serve as an information resource to other groups.
• Provide Management and Sponsors with timely project status, updates and resolves issues to insure the project progresses in a safe, environmentally sound, cost effective and timely manner.
• Serves as technical resource for troubleshooting project related issues and problem solving, working with all levels of personnel: operator, mechanic, supervisor, manager, etc.
• Evaluate the feasibility of ideas for projects to improve the gas gathering and processing operations in an asset.
• Performs economic evaluation and cost estimating.
• Responsible for design specifications including performing rotating equipment sizing analyses for turbines, other compression and pumps as well as calculating fluid flow.
• Coordinates implementation of projects and ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints with strong focus on safety and environmental considerations.
• Prepares appropriate documentation (such as AFE’s) for assigned projects.
• Uses technical software ( e.g. HYSYS and ProMax) to simulate processes; may use AutoCAD or other programs to develop piping designs and process flow diagrams and P&ID’s ( or directs others in performing this work and/or verifies accuracy of other’s work).
• Interfaces with commercial personnel providing input/ ideas on projects related to gas acquisition opportunities, alternatives for process flow, etc.
• Depending upon the desired qualifications of the successful candidate, the hiring manager may elect to fill this position at a higher level within the job hierarchy.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Be familiar with elements of PSM, DOT section 192/195, Air/Water permits, and conversant with construction tasks and safe work techniques.
• Strong communication skills, able to discuss technical issues with company employees of all educational backgrounds, both in the office and in the field.
• Possess very proficient PC/software skills, project management skills, the ability to read and understand process flow diagrams and P&IDs, knowledge of compression and separation, fluid flow, piping design, distributed control systems (DCS), SCADA design and process control basics. Should have strong understanding of business premises.
• Excellent analytical skills and have strong team and customer focus orientation. Must have ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Be able to process complex information and calculate various mathematical formulas. Must be an extremely proficient communicator in verbal, written and presentation environments.
• Relevant engineering experience in the midstream energy industry, natural gas or NGL pipeline industry, or natural gas processing/refining.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• B.S. degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (or another engineering discipline with relevant experience)
• 5+ years of experience in oil and gas industry
• Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to move from location to location, prepare written communications, present information to other employees, enter data to various programs and calculate various mathematical formulas.
• Job will require travel by both air and automobile.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• General knowledge of Project processes, individual phase/stage requirements and project control requirements.
• Understanding of various contracting and procurement strategies and requirements of each.
• Understanding of OSHA and DOT regulations and industry standards and practices such as ASME, API, NACE, NFPA, DOT, etc.
• General knowledge of facility design and construction including typical drawings (Plot Plans, Electrical One-line Diagrams, Equipment Layouts, Piping Plans and Isometrics, PFDs, P&IDs, etc.), data sheets, equipment requisitions, instrument lists, equipment lists, and equipment and instrument specification.
• Technically proficient and operationally savvy - not a subject matter expert, in:
Natural Gas/NGL pipeline Hydraulics and Optimization, Compression sizing and horsepower, Natural Gas treating and reactions, Natural Gas Dehydration, Natural Gas Processing and Fractionation, Y-Grade NGL product facilities design, Heat Exchangers, Pumps, Distillation, Measurement, Facility Utilities, Air, PSV/Vent/Flare/Drain, Power Generation, Automation and Controls.
• General knowledge of facility design practices including: piping design, foundation design, structural design, instrument and electrical systems, distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), process control basics, and safety systems.
• General knowledge of construction practices such as excavation, welding, lifting and setting equipment, and tubing and wiring instruments.
• General knowledge of construction inspection practices for concrete, welding, pressure testing, and other integrity tests. A working knowledge of pre-commissioning testing and inspection.
• General knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) including Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), and Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATION
• M.S. degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
• 10+ years of experience in Natural Gas Gathering and Processing
• PMP Certification
DCP Midstream - 13 months ago
DCP Midstream Partners is the publicly traded entity of DCP Midstream LLC, one of the largest natural gas gatherers in North America and...