The ESCO Group Project Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
· Manage and lead projects with project teams and clients by interfacing regularly to review functions of equipment and systems, resolve technical issues, ensure expectations are met, review schedules and handle any financial aspects.
· Serve as the primary point of contact with client on all project-related issues related to projects assigned when the Account Manager or Project Manager is not involved with the projects.
· Serve as a primary technical resource for those working on assigned projects, providing all of the necessary guidance and training related to the technologies being used, client processes, programming standards and other technical requirements of the projects.
· Prepare for and lead all project related meetings when the Account Manager or Project Manager is not involved with assigned projects.
· Establish a scope of work and task assignments for self and others.
· Perform Senior Engineering duties including, but not limited to, system design, electrical design, programming and testing, and commissioning of PLC/HMI based control systems.
· Execute projects in a manner that all tasks, both performed directly or indirectly by others, adhere to scope, schedule and budget constraints. Utilize accounting related systems for accurate tracking and forecasting of project performance as compared to plan.
· Communicate regularly with Account Manager or Project Manager to keep them informed on status of all projects, including, but not limited to, resource needs, budget/schedule/scope issues and other performance related issues.
To be considered, candidates should have:
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering from an accredited college or university and six or more years of related experience; or
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.S.) or equivalent from a two-year technical school with eight or more years of related work experience; or
- Candidates without a degree require ten or more years of related work or industry experience.
· Four or more years of experience and proven proficiency with the following: Electrical design, PLC ladder logic programming, HMI programming and commissioning. Experience must include creation of new programming and documentation, versus maintaining systems developed by others.
· Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, computer networking and the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
· Demonstrated experience in the food, grain processing or seed industries.
Preferred but not required Experience:
· Demonstrated proficiency with project management activities including budgeting, defining & managing scope, risk management, and scheduling.
We specialize in a diverse range of industries and disciplines including Engineering, Accounting/Financial, IT, Sales and Marketing, and numerous other professions for direct hire. ESCO Recruiting is committed to learning more than just the functions of our client’s open positions, but also what traits, characteristics and values are important to mesh well with our client’s culture. No stone will go unturned to identify the perfect match for our clients and candidates.