Req Number: hein-00004167
Heinz North America seeks a Project Engineer for its new manufacturing facility in Florence, South Carolina. Join the start-up team of our newest plant to manufacture the Weight Watchers® Smart Ones® product line. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer who desires to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
What is the role?
The successful Project Engineer candidate will assist with the preparation of capital, expense and utility budgets; initiate and prepare the appropriation requests for projects, secure bids, schedule the work, coordinate the start-up and train personnel; recommend, plan purchases of, and schedule the installation of new and improved equipment or replace worn equipment; secure bids and estimates for contract work or equipment; provide consulting services to all departments in the factory, identify cost saving or productivity improvement projects, and determine ways to complete the projects in an efficient manner; coordinate project installation with contractors and vendors; and work closely with the maintenance crews.
Who would be successful?
- We are looking for an individual with a bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, etc.) and a minimum of five years of experience developing and managing capital projects in excess of $2M within a high-speed food processing environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, HVAC, thermodynamic systems, a basic knowledge of electrical systems as well as experience with the design, installation, and operation of food manufacturing processing and packaging systems.
- Someone with excellent communication and organizational skills demonstrated by a successful track record of collaborating with colleagues on cross-functional teams; negotiating vendor contracts as well as planning and managing multiple concurrent projects.
- We seek a professional who has a fundamental understanding and experience regarding compliance with FDA, EPA, DNR, OSHA, and USDA regulations and procedures
- A self-starter with strong analytical skills evidenced by exceptional problem solving and trouble- shooting and supported by strong computer skills.
Bring Us Your Appetite For Success
Heinz careers offer an exciting mix of responsibility and visibility. We have an entrepreneurial spirit, so you will be challenged every day to exemplify our vision through your innovation, dedication, and integrity. Our global reach offers you the chance to learn from and share your ideas with talented people all over the world. Yet our people-centric culture encourages personal interaction and collaboration so you're always a valued, integral part of the team.
We encourage you to learn more about how a career at Heinz may be the perfect match for your personal skills and goals. Then bring us your innovation, your fresh ideas.your appetite for success. At Heinz, we know talent is a competitive advantage. We look forward to receiving your application via the Careers link. Thank you for your interest in the H.J. Heinz organization
H.J. Heinz Company - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -