A Project Engineer I is able to perform, without continual direction, the majority of the Project Engineering for a smaller project ($0-$10M) or as part of an Engineering team for a larger project. A Project Engineer I has been recommended for this position by a Project Manager II or above and the nomination has been approved by a Construction Executive or above. A Project Engineer I contributes to the completion of a specific project by performing the following duties as requested by Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities listed here represent the minimum requirements for this position. It is expected that employees will seek out opportunities to contribute to their project team and to the company beyond the items listed below. Further, employees are expected to pursue training, educational and experiential opportunities that make them better at their job.
Performs all of the duties of an Office Engineer in addition to the following.
Reviews the Project Engineer II prerequisite list and seeks experience and training in each of the noted competency areas.
Understands Haselden’s Purpose and Values.
Develops submittal and shop drawing log to ensure that materials are available when required by the Supt.
Prepares and reviews reports on resources used.
Prepares and tracks non-conformance items.
Tracks contractually required testing and inspection.
Distributes and pursues resolution of punch lists.
In conjunction with the Superintendent and/or PM, prepares CPM schedule updates by gathering data for insertion into Haselden’s standard scheduling software.
Assists Supt in generation of short term schedules.
Determines items required for Owner closeout documentation.
Assembles project documentation for archiving.
Assists in identification and pricing of Owner and subcontract change orders.
Tracks subcontractor insurance and bonds.
Earns certifications for 1 st Aid, CPR & OSHA 10-hour.
Within 1 year of hire date, completes or tests out of 30 hours of Haselden sponsored safety training.
Assists PEs, PMs and Superintendents as requested.
Other duties may be assigned.
Can directly supervise administrative staff and interns.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Job requires occasional travel during the day to attend meetings and visit jobsites. Out of town job assignments require temporary relocation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Project Engineer I must meet all of the qualification requirements of an Office Engineer and must posses additional abilities as indicated by the Prerequisite List.
PREREQUISITES: Attached is a list of competency prerequisites which should be fulfilled prior to attaining this job title.
All prerequisites for OE plus:
1. Has been introduced to the following:
- Tracking logs (Concrete, rebar, caissons…)
- Respond to warranty calls
- Develop CPM schedule inc. gathering sub and supt input and buy-in (P3)
- Generate fragnets and impact schedules
- Has negotiated change(s) with Owner or subs based on CPM schedule
- Understands budget maintenance and CCAS flow
- Maintain budget with budget maintenance reports
- Review and understands job cost report
- Review and approve subcontractor pay apps
- Review labor productivity reports w/ supts
- Understands bid tabs
- Turn bid tab into Exhibit “A”
- Generate bid tabs
- Review Exhibit “A” w/ subs (scope review mtgs usually setup by PCS manager)
- Understands bonds
2. Can independently perform the following:
- Prepare and process RFI’s, ASI’s bulletins
- Prepare and maintains document tracking logs
- Understands requirements for document distribution
- Create and maintain submittal log
- Create and maintain material tracking log
- Written communications are clear, concise and error free
- External communications (subs, owners, consultants)
- Spelling and grammar
- Meeting minutes
- Demonstrate initiative
- Demonstrate work ethic
3. Has mastered and can train others in the following
- Posting of drawing and specs
- Understands and can implement project filing systems
- Prepare document transmittals
- Understands and uses professional phone skills
- 3-5 years of previous Project Engineer experience preferred
- n/a -
- n/a -
US - Colorado
- n/a -
- 3 years ago - save job