Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology arm of Jacobs Engineering (NYSE: JEC), one of the largest engineering and technical service companies in the United States. Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years and held the predecessor Engineering and Science Contract (ESC) since 2005. We look forward to continuing that work as the prime contractor for the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract along with our eleven teammate companies to provide engineering, scientific and technical contract services at NASA's Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). JETS provides products and technical services related to human operations in space through development and integration of a broad spectrum of engineering requirements. This includes human spacecraft flight and flight development products, human exploration mission planning for NASA, institution support services, and new technology development. At Jacobs, we believe that people are our greatest asset, and that is why we offer a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths.
Our long-term client relationship with NASA, has led to a need for a Project Engineer in the Cold Stowage Team with HX5, a JETS Teammate company.
The Project Engineer will:
- Perform project engineering and testing functions in coordinating and supporting flight hardware products and systems development phases, such as research and development (R&D), design, procurement, fabrication, test, data analysis, implementation, certification, flight/mission delivery, sustaining, and resupply activities.
- Perform failure troubleshooting and resolution as needed.
- Perform thermal evaluations of cold stowage assets for better performance.
- Support maintenance of the Cold Stowage traffic flow database.
- Generate essential paperwork and documents for tasks assigned, such as Task Performance Sheet (TPS), Discrepancy Report (DR), and Detailed Test Procedures (DTP), as needed.
- Perform job functions based on pre-established guidelines or instructions.
- Work in a team environment, and report to a more senior engineer, project lead, or project manager for technical support, task assignment, processes (training & implementation).
- Perform real time console support for International Space Station (ISS) operations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and one (1) year engineering experience, or MS degree from an accredited engineering school.
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the field, such as mechanical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, thermal testing, design software and tools, and office software.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must have the ability to visualize and work with complex mechanical systems and work with others in problem solving as part of a team.
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet the often complex requirements that support scientific research, which often requires the ability to think “outside the box”, under deadlines.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules and to work unsupervised for long periods of time.
- Must be flexible in changing approaches, lines of thinking, and experiment set ups as conditions and requirements change with time and/or evolve as data becomes available.
Why Work for JETS?
- Experience with Thermal Dynamics, Database programming, and Cold Fusioin program is desired.
- The ability to coordinate support from a wide range of technical disciplines.
- Aerospace industry experience.
- Understanding of computer networking communications.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now! (www.wehavespaceforyou.com).
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Benefits Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Work may involve sitting for extended periods. May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb. Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
To the best of my knowledge, I meet the requirements to successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Jacobs Technology - 12 months ago