Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. is currently looking for a
to join our corporate engineering team in
Assists in implementing and managing major capital projects throughout the OSC manufacturing network. Provides direction through project management to team members. Maintains awareness on new and improved technology and effectively communicates the business case in the implementation of those technologies and projects at OSC. Works with other team members at OSC (facilities) in the implementation and operation of the assigned capital projects. Executes and implements improvements and/or modifications in operations, equipment selection and related matters. Monitors multiple projects while assuring compliance with approved methods and quality standards. Communicates project status to the Manager, Project Engineering. Assists in the procurement of all equipment and services in implementing projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages assigned projects from concept through completion, including engineering, design, equipment selection, procurement, performance, vendor selection and accountability. Deliver projects on time and under budget.
2. Communications - Develop presentations to management in the review and approval process. Develop project documentation including monthly status reports, issue purchase orders and contracts to vendors.
3. Engineering - develop baseline documentation in the development of projects including plant and line layouts, process diagrams, estimates, schedules and system descriptions. Works with outside engineering and vendor resources in the execution of the project. Process optimization – using fundamental engineering skills and expertise, develop and implement improvements to process and packaging operations, facilities and infrastructure.
4. Knowledge of OSC Capital process and policies and compliance to these policies.
Minimum Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a closely related science
- 5-7 years experience managing large projects, food and beverage experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills (AutoCAD, Excel, MS Project, MS Office)
- Knowledge of SAP and SPC tools preferred
- Strong financial acumen with experience managing projects of $10mm plus
- Sound familiarity with state and federal requirements (i.e., OSHA and ADA Regulations)
- Ability to read and generate technical and equipment drawings (AutoCAD)
- Hands-on experience working with vendors
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of working on multiple projects and prioritizing workload
- Able to work cross-functionally in team environment and at various organizational levels, internally and externally
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Ocean Spray - 2 years ago
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada and...