Full Time Regular
Town Hall, 2121 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound TX 75028, Texas
Print Job Information |
Supports the Town Engineer by performing tasks related to engineering and construction projects within the Town. Provides engineering review, information, and technical assistance to engineers, developers, other Town departments, other governmental agencies, and the general public.
Examples of Duties:
1. Provide engineering information and technical assistance to engineers, developers, agency representatives, members of the general public and Town employees.
2. Review and analyze plats, plans and specifications and shop drawing submittals for new construction projects for conformance with Master Plans, Town standards and good engineering practices.
3. Assigns and delegates tasks to subordinate personnel in Engineering Services Division and reviews and evaluates their work.
4. Advises the Town Manager, Deputy Town Manager, Town Engineer and Town Council on engineering issues.
5. Coordinates with public utility companies on all system improvements, expansions and maintenance projects.
6. Interprets and administers Town ordinances.
7. Identifies land and tracts subject to floodplain designation and ensures compliance with appropriate administration procedures.
8. Prepare reports and agenda items for Town Council and Engineering Services Division staff members.
9. Establishes and maintains good working relations with developers, engineers, contractors, franchise utilities and regulatory agencies.
10. Schedules and attends pre-construction meeting with contractors, developers and engineers prior to construction.
11. Interacts with Construction Inspectors daily to answer questions and resolve problems.
12. Advises citizens and Town staff regarding construction activities, traffic issues and general coordination efforts.
13. Completes data collection for support of projects and prepares data in appropriate format.
14. Calculates and collects development, impact, escrow and pro-rata fees.
15. Coordinates and consults with outside sources as appropriate during project development such as Corps of Engineers, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Texas Department of Transportation, other municipalities, and the North Central Council of Governments, Texas Natural Conservation Commission, and the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
16. Ensures coordination, representation, communication and documentation between a wide variety of involved and affected parties (citizens, developers, consultants, utility companies, Town departments, etc.) on engineering issues including capital improvement projects.
17. Coordinates engineering assistance to other Town Departments.
18. Researches requests, suggestions and complaints from Town staff, Town officials and citizens.
19. Assists in updating of policies, procedures, standard details and specifications.
20. Reviews and approves payment requests from contractors, consultants, and suppliers and assists in preparing and overseeing project and Engineering Services Division budgets.
21. Assist in short and long range planning for the Engineering Services Division.
22. Provides direction to co-workers and non-Town personnel.
23. Responsible for final inspection and approval of all private improvements.
24. Performs other related duties and tasks as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering or a related field is required. A Professional Engineers License as issued by the State of Texas is required. Four years of experience working in an engineering environment. Two years of experience working with a municipal government and experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems. Must have a valid Texas driver's license and driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
Works independently under the general direction of the Town Engineer and in conjunction with other members of the Engineering Services Division to ensure all construction work complies with Town codes and relevant engineering guidelines. Performs essential job functions which include tedious, exacting tasks and which also frequently require changing of tasks and performing multiple tasks simultaneously under time pressure. Must be able to develop and oversee municipal budgets and perform personnel management duties including employee selection and evaluation. Must possess the ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasks as well as the ability to review and analyze proposals submitted by contractors and assign, direct and review work performed by subordinate employees and personnel. Must also be able to operate personal computer hardware, software and related office equipment to write and distribute letters, ordinances, and policies. May be subjected to uneven and/or muddy terrain, noise and chemical exposure, and adverse weather conditions. May be subjected to uneven and/or muddy terrain, noise and chemical exposure, and adverse weather conditions. The ability to effectively communicate with Town officials, employees and members of the general public using the English language verbally and in writing is essential. Must be thoroughly familiar with and have an excellent technical knowledge of accepted engineering practices. Must be familiar with municipal government operations, Town policies, procedures and ordinances. Must develop an immediate understanding of unexpected situations and devise and implement appropriate responses. Must prepare, read and comprehend construction and engineering documents and diagrams, interpret and apply policies and ordinances and perform technical calculations related to engineering specifications and design standards. May work extensive hours.
Town of Flower Mound - 23 months ago