FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR CAREER…
The best people are the best ingredients for our World Class company. Add yourself to the mix at The Boston Beer Company. Just like our beer is the result of the perfect mix to the finest ingredients and products, our world-class company is the result of the perfect combination of high quality talent. The Boston Beer Company is constantly looking to add “new ingredients” to increase the quality of our organization. That “new ingredient” could be you!
We are currently looking for a Project Engineering Manager to support capital project execution at all our breweries. The person will be a key member of our corporate engineering team and will work out of our either Pennsylvania or Ohio breweries.
The Project Engineering Manager, evaluates, develops, designs, and implements multi-site brewery improvements, expansion projects, bottling and packaging systems optimization, process changes, and new technologies to achieve increased productivity, enhanced manufacturing flexibility and capacity, improved product quality, safer operations, and improved environmental compliance.
**This position will be located in either Cincinnati, OH or Allentown, PA.
Ingredients To Be A Successful Project Engineering Manager:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, Process, or Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years combined experience in project engineering and plant engineering in a food or beverage manufacturing environment
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated equipment/process troubleshooting skills
- Extensive practical experience with high-speed bottling/packaging operations in food/beverage industries is preferred but not required
- Experience with operating and maintenance employee training procedures
- Value engineering expertise
- Demonstrated project/idea development skills
- Solid financial aptitude
- Knowledge of industrial control software systems
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
To Be Mixed With:
- Managing multi-million dollar capital projects
- Taking responsibility for scope definition, capital cost estimates, operating cost savings development, investment justification, system design, cost value analysis, equipment design specifications, development of engineering design specifications, and supervision/management of outside consulting engineering firms and contractors
- Preparing critical coordination of brewery production scheduling, equipment vendors/manufacturers, outside contractors, and plant personnel to insure compliance with project scope, schedule, and budget
- Managing project installation/construction, start-up, commissioning, and effective training on technology to plant operating personnel
- Ensuring BBC safety and compliance standards are adhered to on all jobs
- Interfacing with brewery management and personnel to provide hands-on situational troubleshooting expertise as well as identification, investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of new and innovative projects, processes, or equipment to achieve operating cost reductions, capacity expansions, manufacturing flexibility improvement opportunities, improved product quality, and governmental compliance
- Preparing capital cost estimates and determining applicable cost savings, financial feasibility, capital risk, and ROI/NPV for new equipment, construction, and modification to existing operations and systems
- Developing business case and plan for investment in new initiatives and new technologies
- Providing technical engineering consultation, assistance, and leadership to plant personnel and staff departments on bottling/packaging/material handling/processing operations
- Leading the development of new or improved equipment/processes
- Initiating the applications of beneficial technologies into the manufacturing plants
- Supervising project engineers, designer/draftsman, and outside consulting engineers as assigned; managing work scheduling, work quality, and performance
- Some travel is required as this position would support projects at multiple sites.
And Served to You With..
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match and a competitive compensation package.
The Boston Beer Company - 19 months ago