The Project Executive provides overall leadership and direction for pre-construction and construction activities on multiple projects. This position is responsible for negotiating the owner contract, is the main contact for the project team for issues concerning budget, schedule, billing and client satisfaction, and ensures the fiscal success of the project. This position will report to the Director of Operations and is located in Houston, Texas.
Required: A minimum of 5-10 years of progressive general contracting experience
Bachelor's degree (four year college or university)
Preferred: AGC/ABC membership
• Work closely with clients, owners, architects and subcontractors to develop lasting relationships over time
• Recruit qualified talent; mentor, coach and train them to perform and ensure effective matching of talent to project scope.
• Be engaged in, and often times, lead client and project pursuit efforts.
• Provide oversight in managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project from start-up through closeout and ensure that the Owner's expectations, budgetary and profitability objectives are exceeded.
• Participate extensively in the business development process by acquiring and defining projects.
• Prepares budgets that will achieve profitability objectives while taking into account project-specific challenges.
• Provide leadership and business judgment on all financial and profitability aspects of projects within position scope.
• Set appropriate milestones and assign staff qualified to handle the scope and complexity of the project.
• Ensure that the day-to-day operations of projects are transitioned effectively to Project Managers and Superintendents from Pre-construction when work commences in the field.
• Participate in, and at times, lead the estimating/budgeting process for competitive proposals.
• Assign appropriate Project Management Staff, and coordinate with Director of Operations to assemble proper field staff to develop the most qualified project teams.
• Responsible for ensuring projects achieve budget and profitability objectives.
• Monitor and evaluate Project Manager and Superintendent staff assignments.
• Accurately forecast project financial performance.
• Visit sites regularly to monitor project performance, schedule, and expenditures with project staff, highlight potential challenges and provide leadership in responding creatively to bring projects in on schedule and under budget, where feasible.
• Attend owner and project meetings, maintain continuous client contact to gauge performance perceptions and communicate relevant information to project team.
• Ensure Project Management staff is trained according to Hoar procedures and values, guidelines and expectations.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
• Excellent leadership, managerial and mentoring skills
• Professional demeanor and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
• High energy level and strong work ethic
• Possess initiative and strong customer service focus (both internally and externally)
• Disciplined, responsible personality with attention to detail
• Thorough understanding of the A/E/C industry terminology and procedures
• Excellent organizational and business management skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly motivated and creative with natural intellectual curiosity
• Demonstrates proficiency using a PC and company communication tools, such as email, intranet and Microsoft products.
• Ability to manage / coordinate simultaneous projects, balance competing priorities with good judgment, proactively problem-solve, and meet deadlines
• Possess sound judgment, be able to think clearly and make informed decisions
• Possess emotional maturity, good moral character and integrity and at all times
• Uphold the Values embraced by HOAR: Golden Rule, Family Oriented, Relentless Pursuit of Improvement, and Stewardship
• Handle sensitive and confidential assignments with tact and diplomacy
• Must be comfortable with communicating with high-level management, as well as external clients
Hoar is EOE M/F/V/D
Hoar Construction is committed to providing subcontracting opportunities for small businesses. These opportunities are extended to the...