SunEdison is seeking an Analyst/Manager to support all project finance team activities with the initial primary responsibility being managing the Renewable Energy Credit (REC) book for the company. The individual will focus on REC transactions that support the financings of our distributed generation portfolio in the US. The individual will also support the construction and term financings of our project pipeline. This requires extreme attention to detail when answering lender questions that arise during due diligence as well as excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. In addition, the Project Finance Analyst/Manager will need to work closely with different departments across SunEdison to ensure the timely delivery of closing items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand commodity trading markets (specifically US REC markets)
- Evaluate different REC contract economics, project finance structures, and support corporate objective
- Understand state REC program dynamics and utility obligations for the state Renewable Portfolio Standards
- Manage monthly REC delivery obligations
- Analyze financial results and communicate performance and pricing impacts
- Work directly with lenders/underwriters and equity and JV partners to support solar project due diligence and develop innovative financing solutions
- Develop a deep understanding of different transactional documents including Power Purchase Agreements, Term Sheets, REC contracts, and subsidy contracts.
- Streamline the financial close out process by working with cross-functional teams. • Foresee potential problems and develop solutions.
- Learn the intricacies of different US incentive regimes (PBI, rebates, RECs, state tax credits).
- Understand the attributes of different solar technologies to help educate the traditional project finance community on the solar power asset class.
- Research tax law, in conjunction with tax counsel, to develop optimal contracts and financing structures.
Ideal candidates will be self-starters that have exceptional analytical capabilities and strong intellectual curiosity. Must be able to learn on the fly and drink from the fire hose. Prior analytical and financial modeling experience is required. Transactional experience is a plus. We are looking for motivated individuals who like to be part of a fast-paced and developing company poised for growth in one of the most rapidly changing industries.
- Minimum 1-5 years of work experience and prior transactional experience working within project finance, asset-backed finance, M&A, investment banking, real estate, or private equity is a plus o Preference given to commodities trading experience
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with REC tracking systems (GATS, NEPOOL, WREGIS)
- Desire to work in an a rapidly growing early stage company in the renewable energy field
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Strong computational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- Project management and complex financial modeling experience
- Understanding of basic accounting statements: balance sheet, cash flow, income statement • Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Solar or renewable energy industry experience a plus
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting with infrequent travel to and from head office, potential lenders/investors, and projects sites.
SunEdison offers a competitive base salary + performance based bonus program with a leading, high growth entrepreneurial company. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage; life insurance; hybrid vehicle assistance; public transportation assistance; generous paid time off and a matching 401(k) program.
SunEdison takes a fundamentally different approach to solar energy: we deliver solar electricity as a service, not a product. Our vision,...