United States-New York-New York
Faithful+Gould is a construction consultancy and member of the WS Atkins group of companies (www.atkinsglobal.com). As one of the world’s leading total solutions providers for the built environment, Faithful+Gould has been providing a versatile blend of construction, program, cost and project management to private companies and the public sector for more than 60 years. Headquartered in New York City, Faithful+Gould employs more than 500 professionals in over 20 cities throughout the U.S. For additional information please visit
The New York office of Faithful+Gould is seeking a Project Financial Analyst. In compliance with company policy, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, this position will support the Project Manager (PM) with project initiation, ongoing support, and project close-out.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
Managers and Finance Director to resolve unbilled services issues.
- Supports PMs with project initiation, ongoing support, and project close-out.
- Participates in kick-off meetings with project team.
- Baselines project.
- Supports PM with preparation of monthly progress entry for revenue recognition and projected future loss analysis.
- Assists PM in preparing monthly progress reports for client and special client reporting.
- Monitors financial status of projects and provides proactive financial analysis; identifies potentially adverse trends based on review of project financial data and brings to attention of PM.
- As part of project team, interfaces with team personnel, including clients, to identify and resolve project schedule and financial issues. • Examines and resolves unusual cost transactions.
- Assists PM with revenue validation.
- Analyzes unbilled transactions and issues log.
- Collaborates with Project Financial
- Tracks and monitors subcontractor payments.
- Serves as resource for billing generation and issue resolution.
- Provides advanced project cost and schedule support including earned value management to PM as required.
- Performs all work in compliance with company policy, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as defined by and implemented through key controls.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field with one year accounting experience.
We are a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their projects. We can offer varied and interesting work with a number of high profile clients across our key business sectors which include: Aviation, Commercial, Education, Energy, Food & Beverage, Hospitality Arts & Leisure, Pharmaceutical, and Manufacturing. We have 19 offices across the United States and are part of an ever expanding international business operating in Europe, the UK, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
- Position requires strong analytical ability, good communication/interpersonal skills, organizational skills, technical accounting skills, and understanding of GAAP. • Strong PC skills and ability to work in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Access, are required.
- Position requires ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization and to represent the firm professionally.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to interact effectively with Project Managers and subcontractors.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers at are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality and Teamwork.
Faithful+Gould is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D.)