Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. Assignments have clear and specific objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Performance at this level requires developmental experience in a professional position or equivalent graduate level education. Work competently with minor direct supervision from Project Manager.
With minimal supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Perform work that involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relative few complex features for which there are precedents.
- Provide preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparations, and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific area of assignments.
- Provide project planning and management.
- Ensure commitments to client are met in timeliness, accuracy, and conformance to budget.
- Develop proposals and reports for review by Project Manager.
- Be able to travel extensively (required), both domestically and internationally.
- Meet utilization goals as determined by Activity Center Manger or supervisor.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage for continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including the safety program and quality management system.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Excellent written communication skills including comprehensive understanding of writing for Engineering documents and related legal terminology. Mentor written communication skills in others.
- Effective verbal and presentation skills, with the ability to mentor this in others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to identify and resolve conflict among project teams, direct reports, and with clients.
- Advanced knowledge of mathematical disciplines with the ability to proof (identify and correct) calculations with subordinates.
- Ability to work independently and within teams, occasionally acting as Team Leader.
- Stay abreast of current professional practices, periodicals, and technological advancements.
- Maintain meaningful involvement in professional organizations.
- Advanced knowledge of technology including standard office and Engineering software and equipment.
- Valid passport.
- Performs moderate work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Daily activities include both field and office environments.
- Some travel may be required including possible long-term out-of-town assignments.
- Possible international travel/assignments may be required.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, Geology or equivalent from accredited college or university. Ph. D. preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, Geology or equivalent from accredited college or university required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer required.
- 5 years related experience required.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
what we offer
Benefits: Full benefits package including health benefits and a generous 401k match.
Interested candidates should submit resume to FCLjobs@fugro.com , Attention: Human Resources Coordinator.
To be considered, please reference job number and job title in cover letter.
Fugro - 19 months ago