Exciting opportunity with our WiSE – Wireless, Interoperability, Payment Security and EMC team in Fremont, CA.
If you have:
* Some University Education (a n Associate’s Degree) in a related field.
* Detailed knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to the appropriate discipline.
* Basic knowledge of laboratory testing apparatus and techniques common to the appropriate discipline.
We would like to hear from you!
Join our WiSE business and make a difference!
A Project Handler II, under direct supervision, learns to manage execution and timely completion of basic engineering projects. Assists in analyzing project scope, determining project specifications, establishing test programs for product investigations, and preparing reports for clients, as directed. May exercise Project Handler Signature Authority as assigned as Project Handler of record responsible for opening, maintenance, completion, and closing of assigned new work engineering projects. Read on...
- Learns how to determine project scope, develop a preliminary plan of investigation, and determine project specifications such as cost, time, and sample requirements. Assists in analyzing client input, available supplemental data, and product construction. Projects may include travel to conduct or witness tests at client sites.
- Communicates with clients to discuss technical issues, explain UL procedures and requirements, convey project cost, and negotiate completion date and sample requirements, as directed. Follows up on contacts from clients, as directed. Assists in addressing client concerns and resolving client issues. Provides technical assistance to clients in reference to product inspection and follow-up services.
- Assists in establishing appropriate test programs by reviewing files and manufacturer's information, examining samples, and applying UL requirements. Notifies client of any areas in which the product is not in compliance with UL requirements or of any changes in project scope or specifications.
- Coordinates laboratory activities by assisting in preparation of data sheets and instructions to technicians. Learns to establish completion dates. Coordinates administrative aspects of project management, as directed. May serve as Project Handler of record as assigned.
- Communicates project status and results to clients through frequent contact and by preparing reports. Assists in preparing Follow-Up Service Procedures and information pages.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Assists in resolving engineering issues associated with Variation Notices. Learns to analyze and report on the acceptability of the variations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Detailed knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to the appropriate discipline.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory testing apparatus and techniques common to the appropriate discipline.
- Some University Education ( Associate's degree) in a related discipline.