Requisition ID: 45488
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Organization: OG&C
- Project No.: 00000
- Location: Houston, TX
- Grade: 22-23
The Project IT Associate position will include the following responsibilities:
- provides basic technical support and training coordination required to implement the Project IT Plan on small, non-complex projects
- recommends updates required to meet changes in information technology and project scope
- plans, supports and coordinates project automation requirements and records best practices
- communicates standard IS&T services to the project for hardware, software and communicatioons
- identifies and assists with development of discipline standards
- processes non-standard requests according to global/regional automation policies and procedures
- maintains accurate and timely asset management and inventory control of computer hardware and software
- coordinates and supports the implementation and maintenance of the project web site
- adheres to Bechtel's safety program as it relates to Project It systems.
Basic knowledge of the coordination and execution of Project IT plans.
Basic understanding of application architecture concepts and standards, set-up and migration procedures.
Basic knowledge of hardware and operating systems including system architectures, network infrastructures, client server principles, backup, recovery, and storage policies and procedures, and planning and implementing disaster prevention and recovery.
Basic knowledge of telecommunications systems, protocols and support.
Basic knowledge of web-based technologies including web page development and maintenance and web-based tools and utilities.
Ability to articulate ideas and write clear and concise reports.
Ability to identify, track, escalate and resolve problems using basic techniques and methods of troubleshooting end-user problems.
The above may be acquired through:
- recognized degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline from an accredited college or university, or
- practical prior work experience in information systems and technology, and
- Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems certifications.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 18 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...