Reporting to a project executive, this position performs a variety of essential administrative tasks that supports the program management activities of a project team. Comprised of a project executive, project managers and analysts, the project team performs planning or implementation assignments for one or more of the following client types: campus housing, intercollegiate athletics, campus recreation, student unions, arenas, stadiums, campus edge developments, independent and charter schools, or community recreation.
Assist project team members with the completion of planning, pre-development and/or implementation assignments.
Perform data collection and analysis to include focus group leading and reporting, in-person and telephone interviews, survey design and analysis, site analysis, space planning, financial modeling, and print and internet research.
Maintain project-related documents including drawings, project binders, client correspondences, meeting minutes, action items, invoices, and similar items.
Assist with project-related financial issues including budget monitoring, revenue and expense tracking, reconciliation, and reimbursement processing.
Research, analyze and present project-related data to project managers and executives so that they may make informed decisions on methodologies, strategies, or required tasks.
Performs additional duties as assigned with the effort and skills required to contribute to our continued growth.
- Must be a third or fourth year undergraduate student studying business, finance, planning, architecture, construction management, or related field.
- Directly related work experience in project management, construction, or design is highly desirable.
- Highly motivated.
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent writer’s and oral communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
We believe the right intern is willing to take intellectual, emotional, and financial risks; all while being committed to excellence. At B&D, interns are valuable resources, who are provided with unlimited opportunities for growth and development.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced setting, prioritizing and responding to day-to-day issues as required.
- Detail-oriented yet capable of strategic thinking.
- Proven ability to work well with all levels and types of facility-related professionals.
- Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity in supporting multiple managers.
- Ability to establish and accurately maintain data management and other record keeping systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction.
- Ability to be a proactive self-started who thrives within a team structure.
- Internal contacts include staff at all levels. External contacts include external customers and vendors. Contact involves: routing calls, troubleshooting, or providing information.
Brailsford & Dunlavey is an equal opportunity employer to include Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Brailsford & Dunlavey participates in E-Verify.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Office environment; moderate noise.
- Occasional evening or weekend work.
- Office equipment/computers 8 hrs per day.
- Sitting at desk or table up to 6 hrs per day
- Standing or walking
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement (while operating computer equipment)
- Eye-hand coordination (keyboard typing)
- Hearing and talking
- Extended periods of reading fine print.
- Light to moderate bending, crouching, and stooping (filing)
Brailsford & Dunlavey - 4 months ago