Our Power Delivery Services business unit currently has an opportunity for a Project Lead Transmission Line Design Engineer in its Charlotte, North Carolina office.
This position will offer you the ability to directly apply your knowledge of transmission lines, materials, soil mechanics, structural analysis, structural steel design, and reinforced concrete design to:
- Lead design teams to design transmission lines in the 69kV to 765kV range.
- Support the initial development of project scopes, costs and schedules.
- Perform reviews of structural analysis and designs of pole, lattice, framed, and guyed structures.
- Direct a team to execute project scopes and schedules to:
•Prepare specifications for the procurement of transmission line materials and construction.
•Design transmission line components and spotting.
•Utilize National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) and other applicable codes for transmission line design.
•Model transmission lines in PLS-CADD, determine right of way requirements, calculate conductor sags, and develop transmission line plan and profile drawings.
•Review conductor clearances against industry codes and standards.
•Prepare design specifications and design criteria.
•Generate structure loading schemes, wind and ice loading calculations on structures and wires, and structure foundation design.
•Review and evaluate vendor submittals.
Essential Skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSEE or BSCE from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- This position requires a PE license or the ability to acquire one
- Proficiency with PLS-CADD software
- You must have 10 or more years of experience as a member of a project team in observing project schedules and budget constraints on diverse transmission assignments that have included the following: transmission line design incorporating code requirements, cost estimate development, schedule creation and coordination, the preparation of specifications for procurement of transmission line materials and construction, and liaising with construction and installation.
- Communication skills to effectively work with project teams and clients.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: PLS-TOWER, PLS-POLE LPILE, FAD, SAG10, ArcGIS, CDEGS
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V
Sargent & Lundy - 5 months ago
The drill for Sargent & Lundy is to deliver engineering, construction management, and consulting services to the global power industry....