We are Context Partners, a consulting firm that unleashes the potential of communities to solve our clients’ most urgent challenges. We consult for innovative clients like National Geographic, Rockefeller Foundation, Nike and more. We strive to create a trusted business relationship with our clients by treating them as part of our community, not just business partners.
Our values are simple: sound judgement, results, openness, wonder & courage. Teammates at Context Partners are bright, witty and flexible and, not to mention, we are all dog lovers. We genuinely enjoy each other’s company and we push each other to be our best selves and professionals. We are looking for great people to add to our dynamic team.
You are an excellent communicator and thought partner. You have experience working with people from all backgrounds and feel at home in a corporate setting as well as the non-profit world. You are at ease collaborating with staff and clients at all levels. You have a passion for and understanding of network theory and have a track record of identifying and mobilizing communities of purpose. You not only love to lead teams and develop strategy, but relish the implementation and project management that is involved in making it happen. You are a big thinker who loves to roll up your sleeves and deliver results. You are pro-active.
You thrive in ambiguity, but know how to slice through chaos and quickly identify priorities and action steps. You are a flexible thinker and can go from analytical thinking to creative solution finding to “rapid fire” problem solving, depending on the situation. You are excited about creating and learning new approaches to solution design and project management, but have an existing toolkit that you use. An extra bonus if you have experience using social media, design thinking, and technology to solve client problems.
You are excited about joining a start up. You have the ability to change gears multiple times throughout the day for multiple projects and deadlines. If this is how you would describe yourself, we would love to hear from you!
• Work with client to identify goals, community, and impact
• Conduct research, interviews or other foundational work to determine goals and interests of community
• Develop strategy for engaging and mobilizing the community
• Implement online and offline strategies, track metrics, and iterate to achieve goals
• Evaluate success and develop recommendations for ongoing community engagement
• Bachelors degree, Masters preferred
• Minimum 7 years of professional experience
• Strong understanding of multiple sectors (e.g. private, public, non-profit, social enterprise)
• Previous experience in a client service role, ideally leading client engagements
• Experience with design thinking or other creative problem solving framework
• Track record of efficient and successful project management
• Willingness to travel ~25%
• Good sense of humor
This is a full time position, based in Washington, DC. Start up environment with tremendous growth opportunities.
In your cover letter please address in 300 words or less:
• Why you are uniquely qualified for this position?
• What is your favorite example of why communities/networks matter?
• What is your ideal work environment?
Successful candidates will be contacted for a phone interview. Due to the high volume of responses, we unfortunately cannot respond to everyone.
Context Partners - 14 months ago
Context Capital Partners is an alternative investment firm focused on seed investments in private equity and hedge funds. Context finds...