Applicants must be available to work at all 3 of the following locations: Falls Church, Va, Morrisville, NC, and Forest City, NC
Under the supervision of the Project Executive, the Civil Engineer / Project Lead leads the day-to-day business management of a commercial construction project. By working on the project from the design stage to close-out, the Civil Engineer / Project Lead has hands-on knowledge of the project scope. S/he works closely with all members of the project team, Project Executive(s), and Regional Leadership teams, and is responsible and accountable for the following:
? Identification and resolution of complex construction and/or business issues, including building processes, materials, and systems;
? Providing technical engineering advice regarding design, construction, or project modifications to managerial personnel;
? Scheduling, monitoring progress and timely project completion;
? Cost estimating, budgeting, and forecasting for the project;
? Cost control, billing oversight, collections, change order management, and monthly status reports;
? Conformance to design specifications and to safety and construction standards;
? Coordination of onsite project team members including Project Engineers, Estimators, Superintendents, and Field Office Coordinators;
? Coordination of LEED certification process, with weekly tracking of all project credits.
? Coordination of Building Information Modeling (BIM) processes and conflict resolution;
? Liaison with Owner and Architect;
? Mentorship and training of Project Engineers.
? Travel to project sites in Rutherford County NC and Washington DC area required.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
The successful candidate will possess:
- BS Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related field.
- 5 years of relevant post-BS experience (as Project Engineer, Civil Engineer, Architect, or similar. Note: experience as Project Lead or Project Manager is not required).
- Experience with facility design or construction in the following DPR core markets: Advanced Technology (data centers, entertainment facilities), and Life Sciences (labs and research centers).
- Education or experience with green construction techniques and/or use of sustainable materials in commercial construction.
- Proficiency with CMiC PM project management software and CMiC accounting software.
- Education or experience with Primavera P6 scheduling software and BIM authoring and analysis tools Navisworks, Google Sketchup, and Revit Architecture.
DPR Construction is a national commercial general contractor and construction manager specializing in technically challenging and sustainable projects for the advanced technology, biopharmaceutical, corporate office higher education and healthcare markets. With the purpose of building great things—great teams, great buildings, great relationships—DPR is a truly great company. For more information, please visit www.dpr.com .
Submit Your Resume
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact fax: 650.474-2571