Responsible for the direction, supervision and development of plant electrical and maintenance mechanics in the maintenance and troubleshooting of production machinery. To provide project management, technical and engineering support to the site. Problem-solve, troubleshoot, and address technical issues within operations. Assist in CAPEX strategic planning. Respond to feasibility, costing and analysis requests.
1. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing maintenance labor and overhead within their responsibility. Manage annual Maintenance budget of $2MM.
2. Acting as project manager, he/she is accountable for delivering projects on time and within budget; to make decisions within the project scope; negotiate with suppliers or internal customers to help deliver the expectations for the benefit of Diageo, within policies and guidelines. Manage annual Capital project budget of $3MM.
Knowledge of company policies, labor contracts and ability to administer both effectively.
Interview, hire, and terminate employees.
Develop mechanics to perform in a self-directed work environment
Develop mechanics to effectively troubleshoot production equipment related issues.
Ability to write and execute capital projects.
Knowledge of regulatory (OSHA, EPA, BATF) and Risk Management policies and manage direct and indirect reports to compliance
Meet customer/stakeholder needs
Able to foster empowerment and team environment, lead multi-functional teams.
Complexity of Role
The maintenance manager needs to be diverse enough to understand and track the needs of the business and changes in technology (both process and packaging) and to deliver projects at the most economic cost and highest quality.
1. Drive the development of an empowered and self-directed maintenance dept, including promoting and encouraging the use of formal problem solving concepts/techniques.
2. Develop and administer preventive maintenance program for production equipment.
3. Maintain parts and storeroom within budgeted guidelines.
4. Maintain electrical drawings and other line documentation
5. Act as a lead or plant liaison for all corporate engineering equipment purchases impacting the plant.
6. Create and maintain a safe work environment to minimize loss time and resultant monetary losses due to accidents on the job
7. Perform mechanical and electrical skill assessment and develop training program for staff
8. Identify capital projects to improve production efficiencies, reduce material loss, improve quality, safety, housekeeping, GMP and other related KPI's
9. Assess the priority of production line downtime to render repairs.
10. Develop and maintain work order system.
11. Facilitate, motivate and promote good working relationships
Undergraduate degree in related field or 5 or more years consumer packaging / production/ manufacturing experience required.
Technical degree (mechanical or electrical engineering) preferred.
Proven ability to lead, influence, coach and resolve conflict.
Able to assess skills and capability of internal and external resources.
Strong communication skills
Experience in a fast pace, empowered workforce environment preferred.
Proven track record in managing multiple projects
Capable of providing succession planning to the plant
Computer literate: MS Office, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Strong customer focus
Effective negotiating and influencing skills
English / Spanish bi-lingual skill a plus
Diageo - 2 years ago
Diageo's company parties must be the talk of the town. It is the leading premium spirits business in the world by volume, net sales,...