Under general supervision and with minimal assistance from more experienced and knowledgeable project managers, an Project Lead leads and drives the work of the project team members for small-medium projects or assists on larger projects ensuring deadlines are met. At this level, associates in this job are expected to develop competence in the Macy's project methodology. Consistent leadership qualities surrounding conflict management, influencing others, personal accountability for project performance should be observed by project sponsor. Acts as a technical and professional leader, providing guidance, direction and training to their team and other project team members as necessary. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Macy's Systems & Technology (MST) is the information technology division of Macy's Inc. Macy's Inc. is the nation's largest operator of department stores with over 800 department store locations in 46 states. In addition, we operate major catalog and internet operations for Bloomingdale's and Macy's. Macy's Systems & Technology is headquartered in Johns Creek, a suburban setting northeast of Atlanta, Georgia.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a merchandise discount.
1. Project Execution: Manages all project related activities on a daily basis and has responsibility for execution and final delivery and release of the product.
2. Manage Project Work: Ensures deadlines are met by participating in resource planning, effectively planning, organizing, prioritizing, and delegating assignments to project team members and following up on their individual progress. Conducts regular project status/quality meetings and reports. Keeps management and key stakeholders well informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment. Develops project metrics and facilitates project scorecard development and progress
3. Manage Project Scope: Obtain project plan approval from the customer in order to formalize the project management approach. Develops and manages project schedules status, resources, deliverables, issues, and timelines throughout the project with input from the application managers, business partners and project team.
4. Mitigate Risks: Owns and updates risk and issue process. Identifies major project risks and action plans, and escalates as required to appropriate level of management.
5. Project Leadership: As the designated Project Manager, conducts Macy's toll gates and provides input into project performance reviews for each team member. This includes, responsibility for the project team conforming to Macy's standards and processes throughout the life cycle of the project.
6. Communication Facilitation: Facilitates communication and negotiation within and across the project team(s). Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
7. Define Requirements: Works closely with Product Manager to define and manage business partner requirements.
8. Develop Resources Plan: Provides input to ensure adequate project staffing, budgeting and resource management. Create the work breakdown structure with the team using appropriate tools and techniques in order to develop the schedule, resource, and quality.
1. Participates in Risk Assessment, Status Assessment, and Communication Strategy.
2. Advisory in Macy's Process Direction and Team Creation.
3. Influence in Scope.
1. Organizational Navigation – Adaptive to the management team assigned as the project sponsor.
2. Leverages informal communication channels and established company relationships to weaken or eliminate barriers to project success.
3. Ability to garner trust among project team and stakeholders
4. Drives corrective actions to mitigate project risks.
5. Two to three years experience in successful project management, with a progression in responsibility.
6. Demonstrated experience managing multiple small to medium simultaneous projects involving cross-functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints
7. Full understanding of Project Management principles, methods and techniques.
8. Proficient analytical skills with attention to detail.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Solid documentation, organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
11. Ability to build consensus within MST and the business community and to work through others in achieving desired results and objectives.
12. Flexibility in response to change.
13. A detailed understanding of the business. Retail background a plus.
14. Proficient negotiation, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills.
15. Sound team building and interpersonal skills required to effectively manage a multi-skilled project team.
16. Prior industry experience in information technology is highly desired – experience can be in another discipline outside of project management.
17. Intermediate in Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, and Visio.
18. Advanced in Lotus Notes.
19. Position should be able to quickly acclimate to the requirements prescribed by Macy's quality related to the project management discipline.
20. Able to support Type 1 and Type 2 project types.
21. Microsoft Team Sites – Able to support administration of this tool. Intermediate skills required for effective support of project activity.
22. Bachelor's Degree preferred and 2-4 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Stimulates team members to think through requests, looking for opportunities to support or improve the business.
Very good problem solving skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, listen effectively to others, and encourage others to express their ideas.
Participates in the development of potential scope and release plan options.
Manages changes to project scope, project schedule using appropriate techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, and facilitate customer/team acceptance. Very good interpersonal skills with the ability to work across functional lines.
Very good verbal/written communication and MS Office product skills.
PMP Certification is a plus
Experience working within a Project Management Office (PMO) is a plus.
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Sharepoint is a plus
Macy's is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment
Macy's - 19 months ago
The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates about 840...