Relevant experience includes, but is not limited to, experience in supporting large scale projects related to the individual's subject matter expertise. These senior personnel are experts in a functional domain (e.g., finance, organizational development, large scale enterprise solutions, acquisition, etc.) or technical discipline (e.g., computer security, network engineering, etc.) with many years of experience solving complex problems. They will have some experience as leaders and Project Managers. Subject Matter Experts prepare and deliver presentations to colleagues, subordinates, and government representatives. Assures the proper use of current or requested programming, testing and documentation techniques. They produce and/or review substantive and/or complex documentation and reports reflecting detailed knowledge of areas as identified in the statement of work. Generally employees assigned to this job are very senior level individual contributors, but may have supervisory responsibilities.
Program management office (PMO) managers provide leadership, organization and coordination to support a PMO’s key activities, encompassing program planning, governance and project management. PMO managers ensure all projects administered by the PMO adhere to the best practices and standard approaches for program and project management. They manage change and promote the continuous improvement of project management related processes. PMO managers are excellent communicators and guide project stakeholders in defining project scope and ensuring the effective utilization of resources.
- Support the development of project management methodologies, tools, templates and guidelines or enterprise-wide projects.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Help define project tasks and resource requirements with PM (Project Manager) and SP (Sponsor).
- Track and report project timelines.
- Track and report project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Provide direction and support to project team regarding PMO governance and procedures.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Track and report project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Facilitate project evaluations and assessment of results.
- PMP© Certified for at least 5 years.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and writing communication skills
- Intimate familiarity with PMBOK® Guide
- Familiar with project work in the Federal Government
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Ability to support and guide project managers on PMO governance.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Previous experience in PMO management.
- Proven experience in strategic planning.
- Proven experience in change management.
- Ability to influence decision-making and deliverables and to support PM and SP in highly varied, multi-scenario leadership environments.
- Ability to use project management tools and methods (e.g., earned value analysis, critical path scheduling, project administration, establishing project teams).
- Knowledge and understanding of DOE O413.3 process
- Experience working in U.S. Department of Energy
- Familiar with the style and language of Government documents
- Excellent presentation skills
- Skillful at providing training and mentoring
ActioNet, Inc. - 21 months ago