The Program Manager Sr. Advisor is responsible for project management of projects that ensure “Keep the Lights On” operations, audit and compliance, business growth, Engineering lifecycle, software development, and implementing internal technical initiatives.
Experience must include a proven track record of requirements gathering and analysis, motivating people, working on simultaneous initiatives, and collaborating with cross-functional teams. Must also include working with software development team and release management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Motivate each team member to complete their deliverables and tasks on schedule. Raise accountability, escalate issues in a timely manor. Resolve issues, dependencies and conflicts. Make certain that all team members are involved and engaged. Demonstrate the ability to assess a situation and recommend changes to achieve goals, even if it means major mid-course changes to the project plan. Demonstrate the ability to successfully prioritize work.
- Lead numerous cross-functional project teams simultaneously.
- Work to ensure Engineering projects are successfully implemented by taking into the consideration a complex customized environment, constant resources constraints, accelerated timelines, and/or repriortization of projects.
- Understand the Agile / SDLC process and be able to apply PMP best practices for tracking and reporting.
- Constantly review and work with stakeholdes to eliminate all assumtions on projects.
- Strive to make any project transparent to the end users internal or external.
- Excel in an environment of high uncertainty and constant change, where standard project management practices and process are equal in importance to fostering successful communication, collaboration and understanding among project stakeholders.
- Over-communicate status of projects to manager.
- Provide weekly status reporting for a wide audience on all projects.
- Manage appropriate level of communication based on audience, set & manage expectations with stakeholders, facilitate & drive project meetings, become a trusted advisor at team level across projects.
- Create and maintain Project Plans
- Drive planning and tracking of tasks, schedules, resources and dependencies.
- Identify and act on the critical path and remove bottlenecks.
- Centralize project documentation and administer corporate PM tools.
- Innovate & champion processes/methodologies at project level.
- Champion & contribute project management best practices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- Utilize PMO tools to ensure tracking and reporting
Education and Experience:
- Proven team leadership and project management skills to manage high complexity projects.
- Ability to communicate with project teams and Director, VP, and C levels.
- 6+ years experience in project management in enterprise, ecommerce, security and/or content delivery products and services.
- Proven experience in driving numerous simultaneous projects from concept through launch using project management best practices.
- B.S., Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- MBA is preferred but not required.
- PMP Professional certification is a plus but not required.
- SecureWorks is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...