Reports to : Program Manager
Available Openings : One
FLSA Status : Exempt
Position Closes : Open until filled
Salary : Commensurate with Experience
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Number: 2013-81-San Diego-27R
Working for a sustainable energy future is our job. Make it yours, too.
The Project Manager, Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) Operations will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of California’s zero- and near zero-emission, light-duty vehicle consumer incentive project, the Air Resources Board’s (ARB) CVRP. Under general supervision from the Senior Manager, Clean Transportation, the Project Manager will oversee quality assurance/quality control of all consumer incentive application processing and related reporting as well as coordinate with ARB’s CVRP Project Liaison to problem solve and assess areas for improvement within the project.
Primary Job Duties
Skills & Qualifications:
- Financial management and Control: Maintain an understanding of, and comply with, all contractual terms and conditions of assigned project(s). Track and manage project expenditures to ensure project activities are completed on time and within budget. Ensure accurate, timely billing of project activities. Execute all operations-related project/contract deliverables on time and within budget.
- Process Development and Monitoring : Monitor daily activities and processes to ensure that procedures are working to achieve program goals and maximize efficiency. Develop and maintain project expertise in order to provide direction to project staff regarding special cases. Review program processes through the course of the fiscal year and advise the Senior Manager as necessary.
- Staff Supervision and Development: Supervise and coach 4-8 project staff on customer relations, application troubleshooting, quality assurance/quality control, and all other activities related to consumer incentive application processing. Manage across project teams as appropriate, including CCSE Operations, Accounting, and Finance staff members as well as IT and database subcontractors. Create professional development opportunities for staff.
Education and/or Experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management through all five phases (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring, closing).
- Successful project management of all six project constraints (scope, quality, scheduling, budget, resources, risk).
- Extremely detail-oriented; exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments.
- Ability to oversee project associates, assistants, and other staff.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience managing consumer incentive projects a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM platform a plus.
- Experience with advanced technology market transformation programs a plus.
- Familiarity with California clean transportation policies and landscape a plus.
Computer and/or Technical Skills
Demonstrated high-level of abilities of various computer software programs and fluency in using standard office software packages such as MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Fluent with MS Office 2007 Suite and Windows XP.
- 4-6 years of experience directly related to the primary job duties and required qualifications. Graduate school experience may take the place of some work experience if directly relevant to essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Bachelor's degree in area relevant to sustainable transportation and energy and/or the automotive industry, such as business administration, environmental/energy policy, transportation planning, environmental planning, or environmental science. Master’s degree preferred.
License, Certificates or Registrations
Valid California Drivers License; insurable in the State of California.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download and fill the CCSE Application for Employment Form
Please send a resume, application and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Employee will work in an office environment and must possess the physical abilities to utilize standard office equipment: computer, telephone, copier etc.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Job responsibilities may require the use of personal or CCSE vehicles on CCSE business. APM must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license, and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for CCSE business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a CCSE vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
- May work some evenings and weekends or work longer hours to meet deadlines.
- Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment, or shift.
California Center for Sustainable Energy - 8 months ago
CCSE is an independent, nonprofit organization that accelerates the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions throughout California....