DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming and industry leading customer service to more than 30 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America. In the U.S., DIRECTV offers its 19.4 million customers access to more than 170 HD channels and Dolby-Digital® 5.1 theater-quality sound, access to exclusive sports programming such as NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, Emmy- award winning technology and higher customer satisfaction than the leading cable companies for eleven years running. DIRECTV Latin America, through its subsidiaries and affiliated companies in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, and other Latin American countries, leads the pay-TV category in technology, programming and service, delivering an unrivaled digital television experience to more than 10.6 million customers. DIRECTV sports and entertainment properties include three Regional Sports Networks (Northwest, Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh) as well as a 60 percent interest in Game Show Network.
Our Sales and Marketing Operations Team is seeking a Project Manager to join us in our El Segundo, CA offices in support of the Direct Sales channel.
Develop and execute strategic projects to meet Sales and Acquisition business objectives. This position will be accountable for conducting business process, systems and analysis discussions, becoming the subject matter expert and gathering/documenting requirements. The manager is expected to work independently; activities will include working with cross-functional groups (e.g., Marketing, IT, Customer Service, Third Party Call Centers, etc.) to identify solutions and enhancements for program operations and support areas.
Traits for Success:
- Launch key initiatives by: leading a project team, coordinating with third party partners (data aggregators, call centers, et al), working with internal functional departments (Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Home Services, Legal, IT).
- Serve as the owner / liaison between the business and all other members of the call center ecosystem.
- Pull reporting on an as-needed basis. Create and format business and operational reports using Excel and Access applications.
- Identify, trouble shoot and facilitate quick resolution of operational and customer impacting issues that may arise.
- Provide accurate and timely updates to management and impacted cross-functional departments.
- Own risk mitigation and management process.
- Analyze workflow bottlenecks and streamline processes through establishing policies and procedures and system enhancements, as needed.
- Develop and maintain standard project documentation such as project plans, agendas, action items lists, business rules/requirements, process flows, test cases, etc.
- Prepare launch go/no go checklists, develop detailed business requirements, confirm technical requirements drafted by IT, and create contingency plans.
- Ability to effectively operate within diverse and cross-functional groups
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including a qualitative and quantitative skill set
- Sense of urgency when dealing with customer impacting issues or obstacles hitting project timelines
- Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others
- Demonstrated success in managing large and small teams alike
- Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing complex issues and developing the appropriate solutions
- Flexibility and the ability to accommodate change
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience, develop and present cogent and cohesive perspectives
Occasional travel required
- Bachelor's Degree and 7+ years relevant experience (large-scale and multi-disciplinary project management, call centers, sales operations, etc.) required
- Experience with call centers preferred
- Proficiency in standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Access)
About Us? We’re About You.
You’re probably not here to read about DIRECTV’s Fortune 100 ranking, annual revenue or...