The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) seeks a creative, self-motivated and experienced individual for the position of Project Manager in the Energy and Environmental Markets (EEM) program area. The EEM program area focuses on designing and managing market based programs such as the Renewable Portfolio Standard, the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, and the Clean Air Interstate Rule. This position may involve management of individual contracts/transactions as large as $10-30 million in valuation and numerous smaller contracts/transactions each having a value of $100K-$2 million. This position requires approximately 10% travel.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Depending on candidate’s experience, responsibilities may include presenting information to program management for the purpose of influencing program growth, planning, design and execution, and supporting program reporting. Such analysis could involve engagement with industry stakeholders such as, but not limited to, the New York State Department of Public Service, the New York Independent System Operator, policy makers at the Federal level and other states, trade associations, renewable project sponsors, and involve independent research and analysis.
- Execution, documentation and recordation of commodity sales and/or purchases such as renewable energy credits and emission allowances
- Formal report development and web-based communications suitable for the public, program participants and management
- Management of outside contractors and internal support staff
- Tracking and managing contract budgets
- Researching, tracking and analyzing policies at the state, regional, federal, and global level on such topics as transmission planning, climate change, renewable energy, emissions trading schemes, and market pricing
- Tracking and analyzing trends in renewable energy project finance, renewable energy project development, and market prices for energy and emissions allowances
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include:
Minimum educational requirements an individual must possess include:
- 3 years experience working in the evolving retail and/or wholesale energy markets or similar area
- Demonstrated experience in one or more areas of project management including:
- outside contractor management
- economic analysis
- contract management involving budgeting, reporting and invoicing
- Solid skills with Microsoft office products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, along with strong written and verbal communication skills
Preference will be given to those individuals who possess:
- A Bachelors degree in finance, economics, business, engineering, or environmental science or a related discipline or
- An unrelated degree and 5 years of relevant experience as described above or
- An advanced degree and 1 year of relevant experience as described above
- Experience in areas such as: energy pricing, energy marketing (purchases and sales), energy contracting, renewable electricity generation, renewable energy markets, and emissions trading and accounting
Individuals will be considered for Assistant Project Manager through Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package with generous paid leave is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with your salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . When applying, please type the Position’s Title & Job Code 196 in the Subject Line.