The Project Manager, Global Studies position would be part of the Global Trade Management Team (centralized in Southfield, MI) working closely with a global client on strategic sourcing projects. The position would provide the client with information related to duties, taxes, non-tariff barriers, import restrictions and export restrictions as inputs to strategic sourcing decisions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge & Skills
- Deploy project management methods to manage case studies related to international trade sourcing decisions.
- Research and report on changes within client manufacturing environment and the potential cost and cycle time impacts.
- Provide guidance and advice regarding interpretation of country import/export related regulations.
- Work collaboratively with client Product Line Program Teams and Livingston Global Trade Operations around the globe to obtain project requirements, data necessary for the studies, etc.
- Obtain and analyze data provided from the client, governments, etc., to propose recommendations and/or summary of analysis.
- Deliver formal reports to the client upon project completion.
- Present findings and facilitate Senior Level management reviews related to the information.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter indicating the position title and salary expectations to email@example.com .
- Specific knowledge of regulatory requirements associated with export or imports including:
- Trade program requirements;
- Country of origin determination and marking requirements ;
- Valuation ;
- Participating government agency requirements ;
- Import/Export Documentary requirements and application ;
- Classification and
- Broker management
- Proven ability to apply regulatory requirements to business transactions and to guide and help clients to implement such requirements.
- Experience in performing international trade management consulting engagements (preferred).
- Solid project management experience and ability to deliver quality work product with aggressive deadlines.
- Experience in preparing proposals and client presentation.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite of tools, especially PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel when required.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Livingston International, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Livingston is committed to providing a safe and productive workplace. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a credit and/or motor vehicle history.
Livingston International - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard