We have an opening for a Business Analyst/Project Manager, IT Claims, position in our Canton, MA office. The Business Analyst/Project Manager, IT Claims will be responsible for working with customers, stakeholders, and other team members to identify and understand highly complex business requirements/processes in order to recommend quality technical solutions
1) Leads customers, stakeholders, and development team members (including other business analysts) in the process of analyzing business requirements that drive the design of quality technical solutions aligned with business and IT (Business Technology Services) strategies and in compliance with corporate standards. Responsible for producing business requirements documents, models, diagrams, use cases, and scenarios
2) Responsible for producing functional and non-functional specifications as well as other deliverables related to the project(s) assigned including plans for the analysis phase of the project, cost benefit analysis, etc
3) Responsible for selecting appropriate C.A.S.E. tools to develop systems and software as applicable.
4) Responsible for gathering, compiling and synthesizing information with regard to business or technology processes and/or systems. Has in-depth knowledge of core business processes.
5) Possesses experience in minicomputer or client/server environments including the implementation and support of resource planning, sales automation, marketing, financial and distribution systems.
6) Innovates, influences or facilitates effectiveness in others in order to succeed. Creating an atmosphere of teamwork, collaboration and empowerment internally is also important in this position to succeed.
7) Assists with work planning and project management.
8) Possess subject matter expertise of insurance projects and applications.
9) Responsible for creating complex testing strategies, test plans, test cases and expected results.
10) Responsible for status reporting for all assigned projects. Accountable for all assigned project tasks.
11) Responsible for defining complex regression testing strategies
12) Manages multiple, complex assignments in various projects phases. Functions as the lead analyst for multiple analysts assigned to a project.
Recognized as an authority and/or expert in a discipline or specialty based on proven mastery. Demonstrates the level of proficiency reflected in the skill profile for the position specialty. Have a broad view of the enterprise application design strategies and architecture, and an in-dept understanding of client needs. Takes a lead role by supplying solutions to complicated tasks, mentoring/training others, and providing innovation and leadership that address the most challenging requirements. This would be through the use of CASE tools. Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio. Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including current Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Microsoft Outlook.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree required. The ideal candidate should have 5-7 years of related experience. Extensive knowledge of insurance and IT Claims systems required. Certificate in business analysis and project management or comparable professional designation preferred.
OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. is a Bermuda-domiciled holding company that is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “OB.” OneBeacon’s underwriting companies offer a range of specialty insurance products sold through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, wholesalers and managing general agencies. Each business is managed by an experienced team of specialty insurance professionals focused on a specific customer group or industry segment. OneBeacon’s solutions target professional liability; ocean and inland marine; entertainment, sports and leisure; excess property; environmental; group accident; programs; public entities; commercial surety; technology; and tuition refund. For further information about our products and services visit: www.onebeacon.com and to remain up to date on OneBeacon’s news, follow us on Twitter @OneBeaconIns or visit our online newsroom: www.onebeacon.com/newsroom .
Monster - 20 months ago