(NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 20 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
The Internal Audit Project Manager is responsible for assisting the Director, Internal Audit in the development of the Company’s internal audit plan and will manage specific audit assignments, from start to finish, as well as the SOX 404 compliance process. In managing these projects, the incumbent may be required to supervise and review the work of selected consultants. This role will also assist in contributing to redesigned procedures, application of new tools and methodologies, and coordinating an efficient/effective process for evaluating internal controls companywide. Additionally, this position coordinates or participates in key meetings with business areas under audit/review to ensure expectations are clearly established, progress and findings are timely communicated, and issues are appropriately resolved or escalated for resolution. Ensures reports are accurate, well written, timely, consistent with professional standards and department charter, and reflect collaboration with business area under audit/review. Successful individuals must be a self-starter who will lead various complex financial, auditing and analytical projects. This position may to travel approximately 15% annually to domestic and international locations.
This job reports directly to: Director, Internal Audit. Reporting directly (or indirectly) to this position are the following job titles: external consultants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Internal Audit and Projects
- Perform various types of audit engagements including operational, compliance, advisory, or special projects;
- Perform planning for internal audit projects (budget, resources, planning, execution, reporting) as well as developing tailored audit procedures, programs, schedules, priorities for achieving audit objectives;
- Devise approaches to test process efficiency; apply prior functional/business experience to audit work; identify and disseminate best practices; use computer-based tools; quantify opportunities for business improvements;
- Utilizing project management techniques, identify opportunities to enhance baseline audit programs to assess efficiency and effectiveness;
- Prepare work papers in a timely manner that adequately supports findings;
- Provide and present verbal and written reports and audit results to customers and recommends corrective actions or best practices for improvement;
- Tracks, monitors, and validates completion of audit observations;
- Appraises adequacy of management responses and corrective actions implemented;
- Identify issues and recommend sound business solutions; perform complex data analyses;
- Other special projects under the direction of the Director, Internal Audi;
- SOX 404
- Assist in leading SOX 404 efforts including planning, scoping, risk assessment, and control rationalization activities to support an efficient compliance program;
- Ensure all SOX related documentation including process narrative, risk control matrix, control activity and testing script and work papers are accurate and logically organized;
- Perform and lead external resources in walkthroughs and testing of all key controls for SOX 404;
- Evaluate the magnitude of each control deficiency; discuss findings with Management and make recommendations for corrective actions implementation;
- Act as a liaison between company personnel and the external auditor;
- Report on SOX compliance progress and control deficiency and remediation status;
- Continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the SOX compliance process through leveraging systems or automated techniques;
- Stay abreast of changes within the company and compliance environment through relevant guidance from accounting and auditing journals;
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Direct experience in applying the concept of risk based auditing, including: a) all aspects of conducting the audit, from the initial planning stage to analyzing related risks and controls; b) developing comprehensive risk-based audit programs; c) executing audits in accordance with accepted standards and plans; d) identifying efficiency improvements; e) presenting actionable recommendations to management; and f) preparing audit reports in distribution-ready formats;
- Excellent project management skills including: administrative (e.g., managing tasks, resources, budgets, timelines), and ability to collaborate successfully with others on a cross-functional basis;
- Strong working knowledge Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements;
- Strong working knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and the COSO internal control framework;
- Good working knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles;
- Excellent communication skills – especially writing, speaking, and listening;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and lead others;
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time;
- Excellent analytical and data-mining skills;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in use of Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to quickly learn and become an advanced user of specialized software (e.g., risk management software, data warehouse software, ERP software);
- Strong understanding of computer controls including segregation of duties;
- Minimum 6 years of experience in internal audit, public accounting, and audit practice or related consulting;
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or other relevant certification;
- Maintain active status of CIA, CISA, CPA, or other relevant certifications;
- Ability to travel 15% of the time, both domestically and internationally;
- IT Audit experience;
- Big 4 public accounting experience;
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local, domestic, and international travel (15%) is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including 3 weeks vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision plans and much more!
Masimo is proud to be an EOE, M/F/D/V, and we value and are committed to Diversity at every level.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE*** Thank you!
Masimo - 7 months ago
As important as the blood running through your veins is the oxygen it carries. Masimo knows that and makes tools that monitor arterial...