A job at BART offers the satisfaction of providing an invaluable public service, while accomplishing your own career goals, earning highly competitive pay, and enjoying an unparalleled benefits program. BART , a wonderful career opportunity.
Pay and Benefits
BART offers one of the most comprehensive compensation and benefits programs you will find anywhere. We pay at rates that are strongly competitive in the labor market, and complement our pay program with an outstanding benefits package. Benefits include the renowned CalPERS pension, excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage, supplemental insurances, excellent paid holidays and vacation, as well as two investment programs, one of which is entirely funded by BART on your behalf. BART also saves you money in your paycheck because no deductions are made for Social Security.
Effective January 1, 2013, all newly hired or rehired District employees are subject to the terms and conditions of the new Public Employees Pension Reform Act of 2013 (AB340) affecting pension and pension contributions.
$94,279-$146,135 (Payband 09)
February 11, 2013
February 22, 2012
Group Manager, Transit System Development
Saturday and Sunday
Who May Apply
All current BART employees and qualified individuals who are not yet BART employees.
The Planning and Development Department is recruiting three Project Managers to assist the Department in the areas of Operations Control Center (OCC), Silicon Valley/ Berryessa Extension (SVBX) Construction Management and Silicon Valley Berryessa Extension (SVBX) Procurements.
Each position will be responsible for developing and directing the implementation of goals, objectives, policies and procedures for the assigned project including engineering design, contract management and construction from conceptual design through completion.
The selection for each area will based on the candidates qualifications and needs of the Department; each candidate will demonstrate a combination of the following criteria beyond the minimum qualifications:
1) Engineering design and construction in the projects areas of OCC, SVBX Construction and/or Procurements.
2) Project management including building effective stakeholder relationships
3) Knowledge of preparation of design, plans, specifications and cost estimates
4) Knowledge of contract negotiations. contract and procurement administration
Essential Job Functions
1. Plans, organizes, assigns, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned District and contract staff; manages and directs the work of contract consultants.
2. Directs or participates in the preparation and review of designs, plans, specifications and cost estimates; ensures specifications and contract requirements comply with District standards and policies.
3. Identifies equipment or systems needs on assigned projects; evaluates functional requirements; reviews vendor and manufacturer design and specifications on project equipment and materials; coordinates equipment procurement and testing activities; oversees equipment installation.
4. As assigned, oversees contractor and consultant contracts; develops scope of work; prepares request for proposal; reviews proposals and makes recommendation on selection; assists in contract negotiation and preparation; monitors work activities to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
5. Performs or supervises construction project management duties; prepares cost estimates; prepares and monitors project schedules and budgets; conducts field inspections as required; monitors work in progress; writes, approves, negotiates and executes contract changes; authorizes contract payments upon project completion.
6. Serves as the project liaison with other divisions, departments and outside agencies; negotiates and resolves project issues; performs other related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
Five (5) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable project management and administration experience which must have included at least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving
Must possess sufficient physical mobility to inspect construction in progress
or review other projects.
Additional professional experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis. A college degree is preferred.
Applications will be screened to assure that minimum qualifications are met. Those applicants who meet minimum qualifications will then be referred to the hiring department for the completion of further selection processes.
The selection process for this position may include a skills/performance demonstration, a written examination, and/or an individual or panel interview.
The successful candidate must have an employment history demonstrating reliability and dependability; provide copies of certificates, diplomas or other documents as required by law, including those establishing his/her right to work in the U. S.; pass a pre-employment medical examination which includes a drug and alcohol screen, and which is specific to the essential job functions and requirements. Pre-employment processing will also include a background check. (Does not apply to current full-time District employees unless specific job requires additional evaluations)
External applicants may only apply online, at www.bart.gov/jobs. Applicants needing assistance with the online application process may receive additional information by calling (510) 464-6112.
All applicants are asked to complete the application in full, indicating dates of employment, all positions held, hours worked, and a full description of duties. On line applicants are invited to electronically attach a resume to the application form to provide supplemental information, but should not consider the resume a substitute for the application form itself.
Applications must be complete by the closing date and time listed on the job announcement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition (cancer-related), genetic information or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
The BART Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities or for religious reasons. Please advise the Human Resources Department of any special needs in advance of the examination by calling (510) 464-6112.
Qualified veterans may be eligible to obtain additional veteran's credit in the selection process for this recruitment (effective Jan. 1, 2013). To obtain the credit, veteran's must attach to the application a DD214 discharge document or proof of disability and complete/submit the Veteran's Preference Application no later than the closing date of the posting. For more information about this credit please go to the Veteran's Preference Policy and Application link at www.bart.gov/jobs.
When you have successfully applied for this position you will receive an auto reply e-mail acknowledging that your application was received for this position. Please retain a copy of the e-mail for your records. If you receive an auto reply that does not specifically reference this position, please call the Employment Help Line at (510) 464-6112 for assistance.
To verify submission of your application, click on the 'My Career Tools' link at the top of the 'Careers Home Page' after submitting your application to view the list of applications you have submitted (including application date and status). If you have further questions, please call the Employment Help Line at (510) 464-6112, between the hours of 8:15am - 5:00pm, Monday- Friday.
Bay Area Rapid Transit - 14 months ago