Are you passionate about delivering technology that millions of people love to use? Does the challenge and ownership that comes from leading and driving projects that take high-performance, scalability and elasticity to new extremes excite you?
Synacor is looking for a Project Manager that will define, execute, and deploy technical projects within Synacor’s product organization. The Project Manager will drive projects to deliver against predetermined schedules, escalate and resolve technical issues, and communicate project status toward goals among cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced project manager, with prior experience in a fast-pace, technology driven company, who will own the delivery of projects across all client and product development teams including portals, email products, TV, mobile, search and advertising, and value added services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee Product projects from inception to launch; including requirements gathering, user acceptance, coordinating implementation across internal and external teams, and post-launch support
• Manage cross-functional teams; cultivate positive team dynamics, and coordinate effective communication such as leading meetings to ensure success on all projects
• Collaborate with engineers and product managers during all points of the project lifecycle
• Create, manage, and accountable for project plan and delivery – specifically, owning the success or failure of the project and tracking appropriate metrics for progress and productivity
• Provide clear and objective reports of project status, issues and risks to internal management
• Ensure that all internal and external stakeholders are kept fully informed of project status and progress
• Analyze technical issues in order to comprehend and communicate existing and potential project requirement gaps
• Facilitate technical issue escalation and resolution for all assigned projects through critical decision-making and achieving team consensus
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
• B.S. / B.A. 4 year degree required, Masters degree preferred
• 2+ years of project management experience; technology industry experience preferred
• 2+ years of experience utilizing general project management concepts including developing detailed plans for complex projects, with changing requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines.
• Knowledge of agile project management and Scrum a plus.
• Expertise in relationship building and relationship management; prior experience in a heavily client-focused role is strongly preferred
• Excellent organization skills – particularly, the ability to effectively balance multiple projects at one time in a fast paced environment
• Excellent team leadership and team building skills
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – especially in regards to documentation and capturing customer expectations and requirements
• Strong sense of accountability and exceptional follow-up skills
• Sense of entrepreneurship – extremely motivated, proactive, responsible and self-directed
• Professionalism and the ability to communicate at all levels of the client organization a must
• Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Project, etc) are required
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture with growth opportunities
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.