The Project Manager, Site Development, is responsible for overseeing all real estate activities within a given territory of the region, including site identification, lease negotiations, zoning, permitting, regulatory and legal compliance for all product lines, including new towers, carrier installations, re-development, backup power and any other enterprise initiatives, ensuring the successful completion of all required approvals and the seamless integration of the construction functions throughout the deployment cycle.
The incumbent will drive strong customer service both internally and externally and be successful at ensuring client relationships are well maintained at the market level, all while ensuring project timelines are met and within budget.
Manage all deployment activities including but not limited to, site acquisition, leasing, due diligence, zoning, pre-construction services, architectural and engineering services, permitting, internal pre-deployment meetings, client deployment meetings, tech teams, caravans and closeout packages.
Ensure all product lines are developed within the standards set forth by American Tower policies and procedures.
Responsible for creating, updating and managing individual project budgets to ensure assigned projects attain an acceptable profit margin and returns on investment.
Proactively build and maintain strong customer relationships; maintain consistent communication and manage customer needs and expectations by meeting project timelines.
Collaborate with Sales and Program Management to set proper customer expectations and then deliver a quality product on time and within budget.
Proactively identify potential risk issues and collaborate cross-functionally to develop a preventative action plan to address them.
Ensure repeat business at the market level through sustainable and repeatable processes and performance against customer expectations.
Ensure that department’s goals, objectives, quality standards, policies and procedures are adhered to and met and that consistent communication occurs throughout area of responsibility as well as though the department and across the organization.
Maintain milestones within the project database on a daily basis and communicate project updates and timelines to Construction and Program Management.
Coordinate with Regional Construction Manager and Supply Chain to identify and partner with select vendors to perform outsourced services for an assigned project; review and approve project expense requests, purchase orders and vendor invoices.
Manages all internal processes and clearances to ensure and document compliance with American Tower policies and procedures prior to releasing any project to Construction.
Other duties as assigned
Expected to matrix manage outside vendors and contractors to ensure performance expectations and customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent project management, site acquisition, zoning and permitting skills; expertise in land planning preferred.
- Ability to solve complex problems for issue resolution; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Sound financial analysis and budgeting skills.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the American Tower organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Effective organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Good track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors, creating long term mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions.
- 4 year college degree in business, planning, engineering, construction management or equivalent work experience in the wireless site development industry.
- 1-3 years of work experience in the wireless site development industry required.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing wireless site development professionals through prior experience in network deployment projects, site acquisition or construction management responsibilities.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of the wireless tower industry including knowledge of tower citing and construction, engineering, zoning, tenant and ground leases, and regulatory compliance.
Approximately 40% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 60% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry.
Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs.
More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower - 19 months ago
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...